Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 12-19-2005, 05:14 PM

Default UB cancels rakeback payment until I can provide explanation

WTF do I do about this? I got a rakeback payment into my UB account and cashed out and got the following response. What do I do? Say it's rakeback?

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Player ,

Please be advised that your account has been subject to a random security check. Upon verification of your play history, we see that you are requesting a withdrawal of $$$$ and this amount was not accumulated from game-play. The funds come from transfers from other players.

Our site is audited by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, thus we cannot be seen as any kind of banking facility. Please note that the transfer option is in the game to enhance your gaming experience and to provide associated players, who do not have alternative deposit methods, a means of funding their account. The transfer option is not to be used as a means of withdrawing from another players account.

Please provide us with an explanation surrounding the circumstances of this activity, noting that transfers to pay off personal debts, etc is strictly prohibited. Your current withdrawal #XXXXX has been cancelled until we receive a response from you.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-19-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: UB cancels rakeback payment until I can provide explanation

I may be spewing bad advice, but I think...I think the solution to this before was to play a few orbits and wait a week, then try again. Dont quote me...
Old 12-19-2005, 05:19 PM

I guess it raised some flags because I deposited like 800 in to play some 3/6 HU and then cashed out my whole roll...and then like a week later my affiliate deposited and I tried to cash that out.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:21 PM

That's SOP for every site.
You can't just use them as a clearing house for $$$.

All sites have some playing requirement (some are lax about enforcement, but UB is not one of them). Don't worry, your money isn't going anywhere. Just play some SNGs or something while you're bored.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:23 PM

I have no problem playing some more on UB, although I've switched 95% of my roll to party, but I just want to know how to respond to this email. Should I say it's a rakeback payment? I don't want to get my affiliate in trouble or anything...
Old 12-19-2005, 05:25 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

i used to tell my players to sit with the whole amount, play a few orbits, then cashout. not sure if they are checking for that now as well.

all the sites are clamping down to prevent money laundering/fraud, not to be used as banks whatever you want to call it. i havent dealt with this at UB in a while, but used to recommend the above advice and it worked everytime.

morg.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i used to tell my players to sit with the whole amount, play a few orbits, then cashout. not sure if they are checking for that now as well.

all the sites are clamping down to prevent money laundering/fraud, not to be used as banks whatever you want to call it. i havent dealt with this at UB in a while, but used to recommend the above advice and it worked everytime.

morg.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, in the future this is great but what do I tell UB now?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:30 PM

Write back apologizing, and explaining and claiming it was a mistake and that you're happy to put the money into play. Looks like they just cancelled ur cashout, so ur money's still there waiting to be played with.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:49 PM

can't you just tell them it was a payment for rakeback ?
is it against UB's rules to have an affiliate pay you like that ??
Old 12-19-2005, 05:52 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

[ QUOTE ]
Your current withdrawal #XXXXX has been cancelled until we receive a response from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont tell them anything. the money is in your account, go play with it, then withdraw. i would feel safe in doing that. or conversely, you can say it was a rakeback payment, and see what they say.