Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Muslim Women\'s Fate

I bet yall all know what im gonna say dont you.

Well your right.

Again I beleive it was God's will for these people to not accept Him. If it had been his will then it would have happened because what can happen against God's will? I also realize that there is no specific reason for God "dooming" these people. At least not to us. However God knows better than us and thats all i have to say.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:01 PM

So now god controls whether we accept him or not...

Nice to know god dooms people to hell prior to their birth.
It seems safe to assume this is not something a morally perfect being would do.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh.... Sklansky's hell. I can see it now. An endless line of simpleton donks, stretching into eternity, walking up to him and saying "I told you so," as he's surronded by hellfire, burning for all eternity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every 5 minutes someone comes up to you and says, should I make it 3 on the button with AK. Anyway hell is supposed to be the worst thing you can imagine forever right? Well for me I am surrounded by Catholics so I'll keep the fire burning for you guys. See ya there eh.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack,

If I were in England, like you, I would be more worried about the hell I was in relative to my daily bread, instead of Catholics and our Daily Bread. Move to Italy, where the food is the best and the fine wine flows and you won’t be so bothered being surrounded by us Catholics.

RJT

(Unfortunately, I don’t get to Italy as often as I wish I could.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sold, I make (poor imitations of) Italian food all the time. When it comes to grub, not even Catholics can put me off.

Mack
Old 09-19-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh.... Sklansky's hell. I can see it now. An endless line of simpleton donks, stretching into eternity, walking up to him and saying "I told you so," as he's surronded by hellfire, burning for all eternity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every 5 minutes someone comes up to you and says, should I make it 3 on the button with AK. Anyway hell is supposed to be the worst thing you can imagine forever right? Well for me I am surrounded by Catholics so I'll keep the fire burning for you guys. See ya there eh.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack,

If I were in England, like you, I would be more worried about the hell I was in relative to my daily bread, instead of Catholics and our Daily Bread. Move to Italy, where the food is the best and the fine wine flows and you won’t be so bothered being surrounded by us Catholics.

RJT

[/ QUOTE ]

Love the food in Italy but you can't get a good traditional English curry or decent beer for love nor money.

chez
Old 09-19-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack,

RJT

[/ QUOTE ]

Love the food in Italy but you can't get a good traditional English curry or decent beer for love nor money.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Chez,

I might just convince you yet on the folly of your unbelief. If we use David S.’s theory about the probability of those smarter in certain subjects…:

I know for a fact that there is this great pub in the heart of Rome, in Trastevere (for the reader who doesn’t know : means across the Tevere - Tiber River, has nothing to do with transvestites) district that has any kind of beer you could want, on tap, including English beers. And they offer it warm, like you chaps like it.

Since you would be in Trastervere when you are drinking it, I would suggest you mangia the pizza (thin as they do in Rome) as it is the best in Italy in Trastevere or eat the bruschetta (same - best anywhere). If you insist on the English curry, I will defer to you whether that could be had or not on the “Continent”. But, nowadays, I would think that with all the mid-Easterners in Rome, you might be wrong there, too.

We’ll have to do a field study one day.

Cheers,

RJT

p.s. Pre Euro dollars your “love nor money” might have held when Italy used the Monopoly currency - the Lira. But, with the advent of the Euro, you might even be wrong with that point.

p. p.s Peroni beer isn’t bad at all anymore.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:11 PM

2+2 sci, maths & phil field trip to Rome sounds good to me.

With or without you I shall visit the Trastevere one day and toast you with a warm beer. I'll give up on the curry as -ev, good curry I get at home but good pizza, risotto, oh god the linguini I had in Cosenza ... I have to stop.

cheers

chez