Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Summer of [censored]

[ QUOTE ]
NOBODY CARES

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect
Old 07-01-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A) Best of luck

B) When you typed out this post, did you actually type "[censored]", or just a swear word like f[/i]uck, that got censored?

[/ QUOTE ]

I type [censored] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NOBODY CARES

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't post if this is all you have to contribute
Old 07-01-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NOBODY CARES

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong again.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:11 PM

I love this title, every time I read it I instinctively read, "summer of sh*t."
Old 07-01-2005, 11:24 PM

Default July 1

I have been tossing around another possible writing idea and I thought I would get some opinions of it. The "hero" would be by a day a professional poker player who travels the world chasing the latest tournament of big game. This is just a cove r though as his real profession is a hitman, either working for the US government of assassain for hire I haven't decided yet. The crux of the story would be his struggles to juggle his "normal life" and that of telling his tales of being a trained killer.

Thoughts.

Here is a link to the beginning of what I'm working on now.

untitled

My daughter is staying with me for the next week, which occupies alot of time. Consequently I will be looking to only do 750 hands most days for while she is here. After that I want to put in some serious time to get to the 25K hands by mid July.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: July 1

Sounds like the Chuck Barris movie.
He was host of the Gong Show and a cia agent
Old 07-02-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been tossing around another possible writing idea and I thought I would get some opinions of it. The "hero" would be by a day a professional poker player who travels the world chasing the latest tournament of big game. This is just a cove r though as his real profession is a hitman, either working for the US government of assassain for hire I haven't decided yet. The crux of the story would be his struggles to juggle his "normal life" and that of telling his tales of being a trained killer.

Thoughts.

untitled

My daughter is staying with me for the next week, which occupies alot of time. Consequently I will be looking to only do 750 hands most days for while she is here. After that I want to put in some serious time to get to the 25K hands by mid July.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

You're a cool cat and I wish you the best. This idea sounds horrible. Tilt meets True Lies? I think you would be able to write something better if you tried to be more original and stayed away from poker. You're too close to it.

I hope you prove me wrong.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts.

untitled

[/ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

You're a cool cat and I wish you the best. This idea sounds horrible. Tilt meets True Lies? I think you would be able to write something better if you tried to be more original and stayed away from poker. You're too close to it.

I hope you prove me wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya the more I think about it, the more I believe it would be a bad idea for a book but a not a decent idea for a comic book.

Unless you're talking about the linked one, which is going to be what I write about. If so then yes I hope I prove you wrong.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, anything's better than another huge Tolkien-derivative EFC novel. Maybe yours is better than that, but the snippet you provided isn't promising.

If you're going to be serious about this, spend at least a month reading fantasy that isn't Tolkien-derivative, and spend a lot of time refining your premise to something really stellar before you start actually writing. Don't latch on to the first novel idea you get.

(Sorry if I come off as overly bitchy, but this is my field.)