Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Flopped full house please critique

Flopped full house...couldn't be better right?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB
Old 06-26-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Flopped full house please critique

Lead the flop. In the long run it makes more money then slowplaying, and don't post results.

Does anyone not 3-bet the river here?
Old 06-26-2005, 01:02 AM

First off, don't post results as it will usually taint the quality of response you get. What are the reads on the button here? If he's been prone to overplay hands like AK or even AA your fine. One thing you might want to consider here is to take lead of this hand on the flop. If he raises, you probably want to flat call and go for the turn C/R. As far as the rest of the hand goes, I probably slow down once he raises the river...but then again, I know he has KK..
Old 06-26-2005, 01:08 AM

Thanks for the replies...I didn't know about not posting results.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:25 AM

No problem. Live and learn.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:21 AM

Does anyone else really dislike calling preflop?

Though this is kindof a more subtle aspect of playing pocket pairs, that I've only really thought about in the last few months, I would have folded here. Cold calling two when you know you're only going to get (at best) two callers is simply not giving you enough pot/implied odds for you to draw for a set.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Though this is kindof a more subtle aspect of playing pocket pairs, that I've only really thought about in the last few months, I would have folded here. Cold calling two when you know you're only going to get (at best) two callers is simply not giving you enough pot/implied odds for you to draw for a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Hero limped and then called a raise. Although folding the first time around would be acceptable with only six players remaining (although kind of weak IMO in a typical 2/4 game), folding to the raise when you will likely be getting more than 5:1 would just be terrible.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping early with PPs is ok if the game is really loose/passive. If there's seldomly more than two players to the flop or a raise preflop is expected, this hand should be dropped in early position.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:49 AM

Bet the flop, call the raise, checkraise the turn. You missed a bet. Also, unless villain is kinda LAGish, I see no point in three-betting the river. You have made it pretty clear that you have at least three of a kind. Villain raising means that he is not afraid of straight/flush, indicating that he holds KK. The whole hand is consistent with AK or KK, the raise on river leaning against KK.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:54 AM

I'd definitely bet this flop, as button is very likely to raise with anything and trap the player in the middle.

I also check/raise the turn. If he leads the river after my cap, I call and expect KK.

EDIT: I guess he can't lead the river, bet/call.