Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 07:54 AM

Default Re: girls hate dating online players...

[ QUOTE ]

You play poker for peanuts as a hobby and you're so addicted after playing 2 months that there just isn't time for the new girlfriend. Looks like you have a problem and your values are getting very fked up. Women come always before any hobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP wrote

[ QUOTE ]
I'm dating a girl that doesnt approve of my playing. she thinks its gambling which is negative. At best she thinks its an unhealthy hobby and i should be spending some or all this time with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

She doesn't just think he spends too much time on, she completely disapproves of him playing. There is a difference. Do you see why?
Old 03-05-2005, 08:51 AM

Threesomes, kids...So shes a skank with a kid. While she is getting on you about playing poker, shes spent her life sleeping around. Now thats an acceptable hobby. Ditch the broad, Im sure you can find someone who doesnt mind your poker playing and isnt a whore.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dump her and use your winnings to finance some hookers

[/ QUOTE ]

Hookers are -EV.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

and can be +HIV
Old 03-05-2005, 06:05 PM

Put your micro-limit playing on hold. Go for the threesome, pick up the other tart, dump the first one, and re-take your micro-limit addiction.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:14 PM

I did have nice response ready until you flopped the three-some possibility. lol

Seriuosly though, it's clear you just want sex. If you are a good guy, then break it off with her and find yourself a F***friend and let her find someone who will WANT to spend some time with her.
You just want her for sex so let her move on and you can find a less committed way to get the sex. Heck, find a female poker online poker addict...

PS.
Maybe she's just repping the threesome, or worst yet, the person she wants to bring home is named "Fred," not "Jennifer" ---yukkk

Also, for all those blowhards who are telling you to be a "man", think of all the guys you know who are like that -guys who ahve that "I am the man" attitude.

How many of those guys have good relationships??
Old 03-05-2005, 06:52 PM

im hoping it wont be a microlimit addiction for long. microlimits lead to macrolimits.

its not like i can date this girl and all that time spent is gonna result in better girls in the future.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Threesomes, kids...So shes a skank with a kid. While she is getting on you about playing poker, shes spent her life sleeping around. Now thats an acceptable hobby. Ditch the broad, Im sure you can find someone who doesnt mind your poker playing and isnt a whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

so...married for 10 years with a daughter to show for it is a skank? yea, guess what, people get divorced.

this is not an episode of the maury show. i assume that's what you are used to.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you can't convince her that it's not a negative and she doesn't understand what it means to you, drop her. She'll only harp on you about it forever, and she'll feel it gives her the authority to criticize you in many other aspects of your life. There are girls out there not like this; find one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Be a man and tell her "this is important to me." Tell her why. Women respect a man who is willing to put his foot down and (calmly) tell them that something is important.

If you do the above and she isn't willing to listen, then perhaps she isn't right for you.

Oh, and while I woulden't recommend the half-boob-job, that was a hilarious idea. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is some very good advice. If you can't get away with poker as a hobby with this girlfriend, than you have given up all other activities as well because she will complain about them too. I think it is important to establish that you can't be told what to do at the beginning of a relationship. It will make things much easier and most girls respect you for not being such a wimp. I am assuming that you are a winning player.. if not, she may be correct. I had this conversation with my girlfriend as well and things are much better now. Although, it could be that I am taking her with me on the PP Million cruise.. not sure yet.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, for all those blowhards who are telling you to be a "man", think of all the guys you know who are like that -guys who have that "I am the man" attitude.

How many of those guys have good relationships??

[/ QUOTE ]

Of the guys I know, the ones who have a "man" personality get laid 100x more than the ones who are not "a man", whether they have an exclusive girlfriend or F-buddie(s). Of all my friends who are not "a man," two (the vast minority) have good relationships, and they are the only ones that ever get laid from that group.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

also, she has a history of 3somes

[/ QUOTE ]

Waaay more EV than .10/25 NLHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understatment.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: girls hate dating online players...(legit advice)

[ QUOTE ]
hilarious. thanks for the posts. more background:

i've told her from day 1 that i play alot. i'm winning but still amassing a bankroll (playing seriously only about 2 months) so dont pull out much (as opposed to when i'm with her). i mostly 3-table NLHE .10/.25 and $10SNGs so the money is blah at the moment ($7/hr) and the vast majority is plowedback into BR.

the key is that i really dont care what she wants. as has been noted by posters, she's clearly not a future wife prospect and probably not a future GF prospect. the issue is that this has been a common reaction from girls. particularly since the weekends are the juciest games.

also, she has a history of 3somes and i want her around long enough to feel comfortable with me. not quite sure how to judge that against poker $s, but its way +EV.

i do know that dating is a form of competition similar to poker (pun intended). strategy and tactics can be planned and executed and guile is at a premium.

how do i keep her (and others) around while still getting in the requiste poker hrs? i work about 3-4 hours a day (nonpoker). is it possible that eurosites have the weak after work crowd playing during the US daytime? or are they playing stars and party during our days? a quick look at the tables most days seems to show much more tightness at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the other posters. You clearly are just really trying to get laid, and you don't care too much about her anyways. So play all the poker you want.

If you actually DO care about her, do what I did with my fiancee. Teach her how to play. My girl LOVES to play now, and she's now a winning $5/$10 sng player. She also does well playing against my friends in the homegames. Which in turn leads to her having a better relationship with not only me because she can do an activity thats usually classified as "just for the boys" with me, but it also leads to her having a better relationship with my friends as well because she has something she can talk [censored] to them about. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But, basically just educate her a little bit if you actually care at all about anything but the sex. Show her that its not like blackjack where the house is supposed to win.

And no offense to you personally, because it is a cool thing - but any woman who is after a threesome needs to be watched rather closely. If she's into screwing someone other than you when you're there - what you think she's doing while you're playing NLHE?

Just my two cents.