Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 06-02-2005, 02:51 PM

Default 78s UTG vs Maniacs

Ok so i'm taking a stab at 2/4 and i'm at this table with a couple wild players. Villian has been playing a lot of cards and has been being very aggressive post flop with just about any type of hand capping with top pair, raising the river with just overcards etc. BB was also playing too many hands and calling down to the river with just high cards and weak pairs.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2(Villian)/ raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2(Villian)/ caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

I called all this thinking that if i hit a hand Villian's post flop insanity will pump the pot up high enough to make it worth while. What do other people think? Am i playing the player or throwing money away?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: 78s UTG vs Maniacs

A hand like 78s does well when you are allowed to see cheap flops. Even in these games, it's still a frisky limp UTG. In this game, I muck quickly.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:56 PM

1. muck this pf so quickly
2. when it two cold back to you think...would u call two cold normally with 78s? shouldn't, and the fact that you put $ in already doesn't matter a bit. fold here, too, i think, although its closer b/c of all the $ in the pot and hitting a hand would be huge.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:59 PM

i would have mucked preflop unless i was pretty sure i'd see the flop cheaply. after that, whew...i'm not sure, but i'd probably call because BB is in the pot. i'd have folded if it was just between MP2 and CO. sux it got capped.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:46 PM

They maybe suited connectors, but that's an 8 high you are calling two with. So you are throwing money away.