FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQs MP what to do?
Raise 1 2.94%
Limp 23 67.65%
Fold 10 29.41%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Golf or No Golf?

I'm sure a lot of you out there don't play golf. I barely even know half the rules. I played once when I was 17 w/ my dad on father's day. He loves the game. I don't. I here that its important for social networking and business bullshit blah blah blah.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Golf or No Golf?

If you take lessons and can practice on a regular basis - and have a decent amount of hand-eyecoordination, you can get very good at golf in a couple years.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:06 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

Are you in a position where business networking is an important part of your life? If so, I suppose lessons could be beneficial. If not, there's no reason to waste time and money on something you don't enjoy. Go to the driving range or get out and play a few times to see if you like it more than you think you do. Then make a decision.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:07 PM

I did learn in my teens.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:15 PM

You won't get good at golf if you don't enjoy it. It's just too hard. Don't waste your time. That said, make sure you really don't like it. If you've given it a honest go and you don't like it, forget it.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:16 PM

there are very few things that would make me choose no golf over golf...very few things.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You won't get good at golf if you don't enjoy it. It's just too hard. Don't waste your time. That said, make sure you really don't like it. If you've given it a honest go and you don't like it, forget it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice. This is exactly what I did and decided it wasn't for me.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:25 PM

I suck at golf and don't really like it that much, however if some friends want to go I still will and I'll still have fun. I think not being results oriented makes it socially still fun for me.

Ponks
Old 07-27-2005, 08:27 PM

Weird. I was reading GOLF magazine in the barber shop the other day and it occured to me that I have a perfectly good set of clubs (hand me downs from my grandpa who was left handed golfer like myself), so why do I never play golf?

I read the magazine more and more and it made me want to play/learn to play more and more. My friends play all the time at our local country club but I'm not a member and I hate jumping through hoops just to play a round of 9 holes (the course is only 9).

Anywho, I'm heading up to Murfreesboro for college in a few weeks and my friend says they have some nice courses up there, so I'm considering playing a bit. Who knows, maybe I can actually be decent with a wee bit of practice.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:38 PM

Is it worth it now that you're 24, wtf? You sound like you're an old man or something. Golf is for older folks anyway. Of course it's not too late.