Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Stop n Go\'d w/ Ts

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

I was betting the river if he had just called the turn. This line seem alright?
Old 06-17-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Stop n Go\'d w/ Ts

man i just recently discovered the stop and go when there is a two flush on the flop, and i love it. i like the line
Old 06-17-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man i just recently discovered the stop and go when there is a two flush on the flop, and i love it. i like the line

[/ QUOTE ]

I also used it in case he had a hand like A5, A4, or 66-99
Old 06-17-2005, 06:05 PM

From what I understand, a stop n go is designed to make someone pay for a flush or a straight draw.
Based on the board, he either has a flush draw, or he has a straight draw (7 6, or A 2 for instance). When the 3 comes up on the turn, that creates a possible straight, so I am not sure what you are trying to punish him for. I guess you got the information you needed, but you could have seen his cards for the same price.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I understand, a stop n go is designed to make someone pay for a flush or a straight draw.
Based on the board, he either has a flush draw, or he has a straight draw (7 6, or A 2 for instance). When the 3 comes up on the turn, that creates a possible straight, so I am not sure what you are trying to punish him for. I guess you got the information you needed, but you could have seen his cards for the same price.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 06:09 PM

Maybe I'm wrong about stop n go's, but if they are designed to punish a straight or flush draw, i think the three completes a possible straight. Therefore, I wouldn't have bet into him.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:13 PM

Well I'm not really scared of the straight draw here because 67 doesn't seem like a viable cold-call hand and that's a bit too narrow of a range. I used the stop n go because he could have a hand like A5, A4, 66-99, or a flush draw. He could easily raise all of these on the flop but will usually just call down after I come out betting on the turn. I stop n go'd as opposed to 3-betting because the 3-bet spews against a Q and it will get a hand that I want calling to fold (A4, A5, 66-99).