Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 11:57 PM

Default AA whats your line?

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

No read on villian as its his 6th hand played at the table.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Pretty safe board and he may even be bluffing at the pot. I don't usually wait for the turn with just a pair but with the rainbow board I decided to risk being up against a draw like 34 or a gut-shot and maybe he bets the turn where I can raise.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Slowed down with my rockets. It appears Im behind. I will call river showdown and hope he is aggro with a pair of Q's but I don't expect to like what I see at showdown.

Any thoughts on any part of this one?

River: (9.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
Old 11-09-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: AA whats your line?

[ QUOTE ]
AA whats your line?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hover my mouse over the area of the screen where a button will appear that either says "Bet" or "Raise." When a button appears there, I click with my mouse. I repeat until the hand is over, my mouse wears out or my finger falls off.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:03 AM

I usually never slowplay these. I wanna know how much villain likes his hand on the flop. I cap the flop and call down if he leads the turn.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:05 AM

"I'm Boz and I'm an alcoholic."

(I can't believe I let this one slip past the first time I responded. Must be getting old...or drunk.)
Old 11-09-2005, 12:15 AM

Raise the flop, cap a 3-bet. Hand plays differently from there. Then if he bets i raise the turn once more and call down a 3-bet. He could have KQ AQ (semi-unlikely). I think the call on the flop puts you in a bad spot
Old 11-09-2005, 01:41 AM

I'd generally raise the flop. Being only HU with a pretty small pot, waiting until the turn to raise might be OK though. When you get three bet on the turn though, it's harder to tell where your at. I'd probably go for a cap on the turn, though. I doubt BB called a raise with something that beats your hand on this board unless he has an unlikely QQ.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:52 AM

Thanks for the thoughts on this one.

BB his a set of 6's.

Poker happens [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the thoughts on this one.

BB his a set of 6's.

Poker happens [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't a 6 on the board [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 08:10 AM

What hame are you playing where he has a set of 6's with no 6 on the board LOL - I'd be checking the deck!!

Raisethe flop - HE played it poorly by not check raising the flop and you played it poorly by not raising the flop.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:21 AM

* Grunch *
I think you should be more aggressive on the flop, no point in waiting for the turn.
If the villian is on a straight draw make him pay for it. Your behind to 2 pair, but I think it's more likely villian has paired the queen.

The turn has put you on a straight draw as well as PP. From villians point of view, you've only showed strength after the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] came. You raised preflop so it's unlikely you raised with a 2 in your hand UTG+1 - so he'll put you on a draw and reraise.

The river is a dead card. WA/WB I'd call down.

Personally I'd fill the flop and call down to any strength, but there again I treat everyone as if they are a 2+2 player - More likely Villian prolly had 99 and went tilt when you showed AA after calling the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]