Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Results Dammit

Well, I inst called only to see him flip over pocket jacks. The turn came a 10 giving me the false hope that I might luck out with a split for a king. The river paired the 10 and that was all she wrote. Jrforman pretty much nailed this one. Thanks for the responses guys. Your always a great help. Yes, even you kagame. LOL. Cheers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: $1100 All In

[ QUOTE ]
this hand is played incorrectly at every stage

fold preflop: AQo is trash in this situation

Flop raise is awkward: you pot commit yourself and the only hands moving in on you here have you slaughtered,

even AK is remarkably live for being reverse dominated, and thats a longshot holding for him to have with this action

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on the money. A limp re-raise, except by a very tricky player, is a big pair (in six-max it doesn't have to be AA or KK, I think).
Old 05-11-2005, 03:42 PM

Before reading the rest of the thread, I really hope it's not just me that thinks you played this terribly at pretty much every spot.

1) AQo is garbage. No, it's not just garbage, it's dangerous garbage. You're safer raising with 62o, cause at least you can get away from anything but a perfect flop easily. AQo is a hand you should be satisfied playing a SMALL pot for, and never want to get involved in a large pot unless you're against a complete moron. You should have limped, NOT raised.

2) The tricky limp-reraise should inspire you to throw your hand away. The pot offers you juicy odds, but you can't like any flop other than QQrag. blech!

3) Your flop raise is horrible. The ONLY hand you beat right now is AK, and you're terribly behind anything else villain could have. He's bluffing into a virtually dry side pot? I think not. A call here would be extremely questionable in and of itself. The only way you can win this hand is if you're either facing off against a moron, or happen to get really really lucky.

4) I think you're behind and villain's continuing to tell you so, so why should I now think you should call? Save your $475 and reload.

----------------------------------------------------

When did AQ become trash in a six max game and its playing 3 handed?

You really need to say this up front if this is the case. AQ isn't trash in this case, and is raise worthy, but after being limp-reraised it's still ugly.

You're also being deceptive somewhere, cause in a three-way game where you're the button and villain is one off the button, villain is the BB. So either villain didn't limp, you just open raised; or there are more than three opponents here.

Either way, the only thing that changes in my assessment is that if it's 3 - 5 handed I'd be okay with raising AQo. But it's still garbage if someone pushes back at you. And it cannot withstand this sort of action on that flop.

- C -
Old 05-11-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) AQo is garbage. No, it's not just garbage, it's dangerous garbage. You're safer raising with 62o, cause at least you can get away from anything but a perfect flop easily. AQo is a hand you should be satisfied playing a SMALL pot for, and never want to get involved in a large pot unless you're against a complete moron. You should have limped, NOT raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a short handed game, AQo is definitely not garbage and is definitely a raising hand....when it is limp-reraised...then it is garbage

[ QUOTE ]
3) Your flop raise is horrible. The ONLY hand you beat right now is AK, and you're terribly behind anything else villain could have. He's bluffing into a virtually dry side pot? I think not. A call here would be extremely questionable in and of itself. The only way you can win this hand is if you're either facing off against a moron, or happen to get really really lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm...i kinda like flopping top two

[ QUOTE ]
4) I think you're behind and villain's continuing to tell you so, so why should I now think you should call? Save your $475 and reload.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking is not good enough when you have a strong hand in a massive pot and only have to call a littly bit more. Given hero's play here, he HAS to call the all in bet.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:01 PM

noone should be arguing that Hero isnt pot committed

*ehhm! -C-*

the way he got to that stage is what is being criticized
Old 05-11-2005, 06:06 PM

AQo is trash on the button in a limped pot???
Old 05-11-2005, 06:09 PM

please pay attention

its trash facing a limp reraise in any game, almost any situation (except perhaps HU or in a certain stage of a tournament)
Old 05-11-2005, 06:14 PM

1)I agree with you that when it is re-raised preflop you are in a bad spot, but at this point there is now approx $250 in the pot, so I think you have to call the additional $70, without doing the math I think AA would be the only hand that wouldn't justify the call against. I think limping on the button with AQo in a limped pot consistently is weak, doing it at times for deception is fine.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:15 PM

I repsonded before reading the reply. Chill.