Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: MLB 4/12 - A lot to discuss

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm also taking the under on the O's/Rays game. The O's have struggled against young pitchers in the past. I'm thinking this will be a 4-3 type game.

[/ QUOTE ]

What young pitchers have they struggled against? How many games are we talkin?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have the stats, but I watch many O's games and many times when some guy comes up from the minors and starts or just some guy they've never seen before starts, they struggle. Especially lefties. You can check some O's fan boards and they will all tell you the same thing.

Look at the last two games against Oakland this season. That was no coincidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense, you need an N larger than 2 to rule out coincidence. Some of what you say might have some relevance, ie. they struggle against lefties or they struggle against pitchers whom they see for the first time(regardless of how old), although without you having statistics to back it up, I am hesitant to agree with you on the second point.

I would strongly advise against using fan boards as a source of information which you use to place bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is that the Orioles in the past (past few years) have struggled against young/unknown guys (especially lefties), and that I'm not just making this up out of nowhere (Thats what the fan board part was about, and the one I am part of is a quality site with Insider knowledge). The last two against Oakland is just a recent example (more than 2). I'll try to find some more if I can.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: I honestly don\'t understand the love for Prior and the Cubs

didn't like me bet anymore on Cubs, good rain... we would have lost our money... we'll never know
Old 04-12-2005, 05:48 PM

Florida –133
Washington +185
** Oakland –140
**Texas -113
Note: The Rangers & Oakland are the 1st system play of the year. Add Texas.

YTD: 6-8 (-248)
System: 0-0
Old 04-12-2005, 06:05 PM

i did.. what's this system? I,m new here... I saw something like betting on the home team who lost the first game of the series... anything else?
Old 04-12-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm also taking the under on the O's/Rays game. The O's have struggled against young pitchers in the past. I'm thinking this will be a 4-3 type game.

[/ QUOTE ]

What young pitchers have they struggled against? How many games are we talkin?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have the stats, but I watch many O's games and many times when some guy comes up from the minors and starts or just some guy they've never seen before starts, they struggle. Especially lefties. You can check some O's fan boards and they will all tell you the same thing.

Look at the last two games against Oakland this season. That was no coincidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense, you need an N larger than 2 to rule out coincidence. Some of what you say might have some relevance, ie. they struggle against lefties or they struggle against pitchers whom they see for the first time(regardless of how old), although without you having statistics to back it up, I am hesitant to agree with you on the second point.

I would strongly advise against using fan boards as a source of information which you use to place bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is that the Orioles in the past (past few years) have struggled against young/unknown guys (especially lefties), and that I'm not just making this up out of nowhere (Thats what the fan board part was about, and the one I am part of is a quality site with Insider knowledge). The last two against Oakland is just a recent example (more than 2). I'll try to find some more if I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hendrickson is another. He dominates the O's and gets crushed by all else. At least last year. Hopefully now that we've seen him a bunch, this series will be different. I'll keep looking for more and edit to this post.

Cliff Lee 4/30/04,
Old 04-12-2005, 07:11 PM

It won't let me edit no more. Casey Fossum 6/10/04, He had 6.66 ERA in 142.0 IP last year and shut the O's out over 6 innings. Brandon Webb allowed just 2 runs, 1 earned, over 5 innings the day before until their bullpen blew it. Do I have to keep going?
They also struggle against middle aged (in baseball terms) no name lefties with career ERA's around 5.00

Hopefully for the O's this year will be different, but until they continually crush guys like this, I got to go with the under.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:48 PM

Well, I guess all that is moot now. Cabrera is still struggling. Oh well.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:35 PM

Bad news: I lost the under
Good news: I bet the O's to win
Better news: The O's CAN hit lefties!!! w00t!! curse over! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2005, 11:02 PM

Florida W + 100
Washington W +185
** Oakland (* PENDING *)
**Texas -113 (* DOES NOT LOOK GOOD *)

Darn, why did you mention Texas ... argh! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
They win for us tomorrow.
YTD: 8-8 (+37)
System: 0-0
Old 04-12-2005, 11:46 PM

Oops. Actually I didn't bet the O's game. I bet them to win the 3 game series. Thought I bet them to win the game too. I wanted to bet Toronto, but wasn't too sure. They are up now.