Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Won trip to Atlantis -- 1st Live Tourny Advice Please

I somehow managed to win a DS on Sunday and won a trip to Atlantis. This will be my first ever live tourny. Just looking for some advice or tips from some of the seasoned veterans around here.

Thanks,
Old 11-24-2005, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Won trip to Atlantis -- 1st Live Tourny Advice Please

If we had a FAQ, perhaps it would contain the following:

[ QUOTE ]

I play MTTs online and am about to play my first live one, what do I need to know?
It's the same game, so don't be intimidated. The biggest difference is that because of the speed of the online, you'll be playing fewer hands per hour than you do online (especially if you multi-table), this may make you anxious, don't let this happen, stay calm.

If you are used to the structure of online tournaments and are playing in a major live tournament, chances are you'll have a lot more starting chips and slower blind levels than you are used to, you need to adjust your strategy accordingly (PokerStars has deep stack tournaments that can be good for preparing for this).
Also, there are rules to live poker that you need to know regarding how/when to act. The Brick and Mortar thread has a newbie guide you should read before venturing into live play.

[/ QUOTE ]

...maybe