Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Hand vs. Nappori

So I actually played some stud today for a change. Villian in this hand is the infamous and loose Nappori. Both him and the four seat are stuck really really bad and have been playing every hand as of late. Lets hear it....

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (1.50 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.25 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (4.25 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River - (6.25 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: 8.25 BB
Old 09-01-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Hand vs. Nappori

I've never played with Nappori. It looks to me like he would have raised you when you paired Q's if he indeed had aces up. However, if he is ever crafty enough to just call when he's made trips, then I might be worried when what could be the case 8 comes out.

It all comes down to read. If it's an opponent who is usually willing to bet his board, then call.

If indeed your Q's were best, then wish I had the bankroll to move up to $10/$20, if this is how some opponents play =P
Old 09-01-2005, 04:18 AM

Happened, I kid you not, at the exact moment when I was reading your post.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (4.10 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds

5th Street - (3.05 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.05 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (7.05 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: 9.05 BB
Old 09-01-2005, 07:12 AM

Nappy is a real puzzle. I used to play 2-4 at Paradise with him 4 years ago and he was an amazing fish. I've played 3-6 at Party with him fairly recently, and while he has definitely improved he still must lose a bloody fortune. I'd love to know who he is and how he does it. Paigee is another old Paradise regular who has resurfaced at Party, but she doesn't lose as spectacularly as Nappori. Anyway, in this hand it's likely you're beat, but you just never know with Nappi. I like how you played it fine.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:39 AM

seems standard, espically against a known very loose player. You have to call the river incase he started with air of a flush draw, and you obviously have to call 6th.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:19 AM

I like it all. You can't fold the end in case he started with air and was just betting his board hard.

Jeff
Old 09-01-2005, 09:48 AM

Who's Nappori?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

We should have a support group for everyone that Nappori's laid a mega beat on.

MRB, I don't think Paigee is a losing player. (I believe Mike Emery has made the statement "Paigee is probably an overall marginal winner".)

Seems to me like Nappori is now capable of playing reasonable cards, but laggish enough to run over a table, or lose it all in a few hands.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:49 AM

Paige (as she was then known) was a mega-tilter back in the Paradise days and a pretty solid fish at the 2-4 and 4-8 games. I've only played a little 2-4 and 3-6 with her recently at Party and she has definitely improved. I don't think she tilts as much (I haven't seen it, anyway). Based on my limited sample size, I'd say she's now somewhere from a small loser to break even. She still doesn't seem to read hands particularly well or adjust to other players enough.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Who's Nappori?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Nappori might be Andy B.'s party screen name? Has anyone else heard this too?

[ QUOTE ]
I believe Mike Emery has made the statement "Paigee is probably an overall marginal winner".

[/ QUOTE ]

As for Pagiee, I'm actually suprised you think shes a slight loser to break even player, MRBAA. I have made that above statement before. I've played a lot with her at 5-10 in the past and would be quite shocked if she wasnt a winning player. Given she probably dosent win much, but I would think still a winning player.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:13 AM

Well, she has definitely learned to play tight and not to tilt or chase too much. As you've played more with her than I have recently, your judgement may be more correct. She still seemed to me to play pretty ABC poker, meaning she is fairly easy to read and does not seem to adjust to how different folks play. This is at 2-4 and 3-6, and for only a relatively small number of hands, though. I did play alot of hands with her back at Paradise, and back then she was a pretty big fish and would go on tilt where she would curse out other players and start playing lots of hands, etc. Some players there would actually goad her, either for fun or to try to get her to donate. I have not seen her tilt on Party.