Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: lmd taught me this

[ QUOTE ]
I'm inclined to raise this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like raising this preflop, since it's a definite possibility that you are dominated, and you are out of position, which sucks too.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:16 PM

Hi jvs,

[ QUOTE ]
But assuming all but button fold, and river blanks off, do you bring the heat again?

[/ QUOTE ]
It looks as if we're on the same page. That's the response that I have been waiting for. If I choose to continue with this hand, I really think a turn check-raise is the only way to go, given the circumstances. How many players would YOU need to have to bet an unimproved river?

For me, only the button, definitely not more. I can only beat a missed draw (should I have missed my own), but his turn bet screams of an eight, therefore, I cannot let him showdown.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In other words, a turn bet makes my hand seem more like what it actually is, an oesd, but a turn check-raise seems much more like a made hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see it? What made hand could you have that you'd check-raise with here?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:20 PM

T9?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:26 PM

good implied odds on a favorable flop...
Old 08-22-2005, 05:29 PM

97 would be best. 88. Possible missed turn checkraise that gave it a 2nd try. It isnt the most believable checkraise I've ever seen, this is true. I really can't put button on anything very strong here however.

jvs
Old 08-22-2005, 05:37 PM

in this game the turn bet is likely to be an 8/T/draw/99 and probably in that order...

gymrat: im not crazy about this play without any kind of read that villain will lay down a pair here, and since your c/r is kind of shady its unlikely you are getting a T to fold here, as the only real hand you could have is a straight (any kind of whiffed flop c/r would just lead the flop)

however, if you had a read that player is tight/capable of folding a pair then by all means go for it as you will usually have pair outs in addition to straight outs...but i think a read is a must here...
Old 08-22-2005, 05:40 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
If the population only knew what your "mongoose" statement means!
Old 08-22-2005, 05:43 PM

haha, that was a Klepton quote to jasonT after the three of us played a session with the mongoose...
Old 08-22-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
97 would be best. 88. Possible missed turn checkraise that gave it a 2nd try. It isnt the most believable checkraise I've ever seen, this is true. I really can't put button on anything very strong here however.

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

88 bets his set. I agree, I don't think button has much either. But you're investing 2 bbs to win 3.5 bb's which, in limit hold em, kind of sucks. Plus there's the chance he calls and you have to spend another BB on the river. The size of the pot is what makes me a bit skeptical of this play. That and the action.