Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2004, 03:32 AM

Default Re: NY Times Article - Online Poker (very long)

I'm sick and tired of being denied freedoms because some people are too stupid to handle the freedoms given to them. F*ck stupid people, let them ruin themselves and die, its called evolution.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:40 AM

"I'm sick and tired of being denied freedoms because some people are too stupid to handle the freedoms given to them. F*ck stupid people, let them ruin themselves and die, its called evolution. "

...but will you back up that opinion by voting Libertarian?
If enough people did, we Libertarians/Objectivists would be a powerful political block to be taken seriously, just like the religious right or minority ethnic groups.

Old 03-23-2004, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Definition of gambling? (X posted)

[ QUOTE ]

Once again, I know the people involved in the article and most of the information depicted is simply false. Ben does NOT play 10 hours a day or anything remotely close to it. Jimmy and Ben play almost exactly the same limits, although sometimes Ben plays 30-60.
Ben is also upset that the article depicts him as some sort of criminal. Anyway Id say that the both of them don't play more than 5 hours a day, on average, if that much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Curtains,

I'll take your word for it b/c you are close to the individuals. My only skeptisicm is why we often here of great players who can crush the game but only play 10-15 hours a week or so.

While I don't "crush" the game, I do very well and I try to get as many hours in as possible, 60-80 hours. Yes, I understand about quality of life, family, etc... I'm just saying if someone has a very strong edge, the bank roll, and the discipline & skill to make it happen, why not milk that +EV?
Old 03-23-2004, 04:52 AM

I'm not very political but from what I have read I think that I would definitely be a Libertarian, I was actually even thinking that as I was posting this.

I read a book called "The 10 Things You Can't Say in America" by Larry Elder and I liked it a lot. He is a well known Libertarian.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:00 AM

Always good to see people who agree with my political views. My favorite book of all time is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Her philosophy (Objectivism) isn't exactly Libertarianism, but was clearly one of the building blocks of Libertarian philosophy.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Definition of gambling? (X posted)

Youd have to shoot me in the head before Id play limit holdem for 60 hours in one week. I cant even play 5 hours of limit in one day (well sometimes but very rarely).
We are all young, have no family, no financial responsibilities, thus there is really no pressure to play a lot. I feel that I'm doing just fine moneywise with how much I play now, and Im sure Ben+Jimmy feel the same also.
Also I won a seat to WSOP yesterday - YAY
Old 03-24-2004, 11:59 AM

Does anyone know the best way to protest the actions of our government on banning online gaming? I would write an email to my congress representatives but I am also afraid they could use that information to track me down as someone doing something illegal on the internet ala the folks who got busted downloading music.

I emailed Sklansky with this question and I have yet to hear back.

I am really disappointed since the main guy pushing this through is from my home state of Arizona (Jon Kyl)