Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Two Heads-Up Hands.

I sat at the first table that I could find open (on party skins) that was 0.5/1. It had one guy sitting on it with exactly two buy-ins... It didn't take me long to figure out that this guy was kinda sharky. He was probably better than me.

These are the first two hands at the table, and I'm curious about what you guys thought of my preflop play in the first hand, as well as what you thought of the second hand in general. There are results for the first hand so that we can judge my decisions in the second hand better.

---

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (poster) 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Results:
Button has As 3d (one pair, threes).
Hero has 6h Th (high card, king).
Outcome: Button wins 6 BB.

---

I don't think the board lent much credibility to my play here, and since there were a lot of hands that had okay draws on this board, it didn't have much chance of working. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

---

What do you guys think of this hand?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>... (Hero plans to call a raise.)
Old 10-23-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Two Heads-Up Hands.

Hand 1: No reason to call the flop

Hand 2: Good play. I personally prefer to raise the turn (and fold to a 3-bet)
Old 10-23-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: No reason to call the flop

Hand 2: Good play. I personally prefer to raise the turn (and fold to a 3-bet)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1:
I didn't really know how many outs I had... This is a pretty ugly hand. I agree that folding the flop is best. If I DO hit something on the turn, I have to check-call to the river I think. As it happened, though, check-folding the turn would have been best.

Hand 2: Hmm... what if you're called? Edit: I guess just checking through would be okay. If the turn is a flush card though and he donks, what do we do? Fold or call? Also, what if it's a complete blank and he donks?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:01 PM

Dave,

Stop playing HU on Party. The rake is a killer at these limits.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:04 PM

*grunch*

Hand 1. The flop is slim. I check\fold the turn.

Hand 2. I check behind on the river. You're not folding a better hand J8, 87 are the only reasonable hands that are paying off.
I'm thinking he raised.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2. I check behind on the river. You're not folding a better hand J8, 87 are the only reasonable hands that are paying off.
I'm thinking he raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ax also calls as well as 77-66-55. You shouldn't miss value bets when you play HU. Ppl will call very loose on the river. Do you think he is risking C-Ring the river a lot of times here after we only called the turn?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dave,

Stop playing HU on Party. The rake is a killer at these limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

I don't tend to do this for very long. Especially against guys that know what they're doing.

--Dave.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking he raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ax also calls as well as 77-66-55. You shouldn't miss value bets when you play HU. Ppl will call very loose on the river. Do you think he is risking C-Ring the river a lot of times here after we only called the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I don't play a lot of HU. As a matter of fact, SFA.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:39 PM

Also, Kapw7's line is a little weird.

Why wouldn't I just cap the flop instead of doing the stop-and-go?

(q8 hand)

--Dave.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:07 AM

I don't like PF in the first hand, being OOP sucks and we can't raise as many hands as we would if the SB was the button. No reason to carry on postflop.

Hand 2 I raise the turn if he won't 3 bet without a worse hand, the way you played I'd value bet the river.