Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 02:58 AM

Default How to keep your head up?

I just began bonus whoring and i know that you are all going to tell me that this is nothing compared to alot of other players loses, but i am posting regardless.

I hit the crypto sites with great success i played whatever the lowest limit was offered to clear the bonuses. I clear the bonuses on the 4 sites and with bonus and my play i was up about 350.

Then i went over to paradise where i have been getting absolutely smoked!!!! I can not make a hand whatsoever. if i raise with ak it will be 3 low cards, my draws never hit, and if i finally make a hand someone has one that is a little bit better.

I am about to finish the bonus and including the $100 bonus i am looking at a cashout of around $130. Like i said I am getting killed. My play has remained the same. I have played the same on every site, but on paradise it just seems you can't win unless you are playing garbage hands.

How do you guys typically shake something like this off? I have taked all kinds of beats before, but this is stinging much worse (i think because i had to stick around for 500 more hands to clear the bonus).

Any help or encouragement would be great. thanks in advance.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: How to keep your head up?

All I can say is I hope this is just bad luck. I've just finished with Caribbean and Interpoker, and turned $90 into $600 (well actually I finished a while ago, but the PIN just came in today, so I had played after I cleared the bonus). I've got 200 hands left on Poker Plex, then I'm heading over to Paradise. I was actually going to step down from 1/2 to .50/1 once I got there so I would be more within my comfort zone. I guess now that I have $600 I am bankrolled for 1/2, but I'm trying not to get a big head, and am going to attribute a lot of my winning to luck.

I really hope I do not have the same experience at Paradise as you are having. What game are you playing over there? If you are still at 1/2, maybe you need to step down.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:29 AM

On the cryptos i was playing whatever the lowest limit available was. I believe interpoker and poker plex i was playing .50/1. Will hill and i think caribbean only have 1/2 as the lowest and i played both of them with success.

I start at paradise with 1/2 and after losing a good chunk of the bonus profits i changed down to .50/1. I experienced the same thing at the lower limit, except i was losing to unbelievably bad hands. It was me being cocky either. I played just as tight as i did on the other sites, but the cards were not hitting.

I just cashed out $126. I can't believe i managed to lose $174 in 1000 hands. I hope that you run at paradise is better than mine. Good luck.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:44 AM

As far as I know, the only .50/1 games at Interpoker and PokerPlex are no limit games. Are you playing limit or NL?
Old 02-24-2005, 04:17 AM

i was playing limit. i was playing whatever the lowest limit offer at any particular site.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but I'm trying not to get a big head, and am going to attribute a lot of my winning to luck

[/ QUOTE ]

$600 - $90 deposit - $90 bonus (interpoker) - $40 bonus (carribean) = $380 profit

450 raked + 250 rake = @ 2000 at most hands played = a winrate of 19bb/100.

You are attributing correctly. But its a nice win and you should savor every bit of it. I used to remember what those felt like [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] now its been 5,000+ hands and down 250bb and counting at 3/6. The gate swings both ways, so enjoy the ups. And take a shot at the 1/2 paradise game. The players are the exact same caliber as you would find in the 50 cent game, but you will clear the bonus much fast (which will be much slower then what your used to at crypto), and if youre beating the game at a decent rate you'll double your wins.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:10 AM

WOW that sounds familar....I cleared the Multi signup bonus at $223 up plus the bonus for tidy $323 at 1/2. Turned around and deposited $300 on tuesday so I'd have enough to 4-table the reload, and I have $12 left and 64 hands to clear the bonus, lol.

Same story, I just played a quick 100 hands and won 5 of them, 2 when it was folded around to me (once holding AA). I got rivered on big pots (all over 15 BB) holding AKs, AKo, KK, and AQs. Everytime it was some one that called my PFR with rags. Heck, I was the only person at the table with VP$IP under 34%, 5 were over 50%....shoulda been a gold mine.

To answer your question.....reading your story helped me laugh and to remember that this happens, and that good play wins in the long run. Hope my story helps you too........
Old 02-24-2005, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

To answer your question.....reading your story helped me laugh and to remember that this happens, and that good play wins in the long run. Hope my story helps you too........

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats all i really needed to hear. I was hoping that i could chalk this one up as a case of bad luck. I hope things turn around for the both of us. I know i still have a lot of site to hit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2005, 11:51 AM

This has been posted here before, but it may help you keep your perspective on how the variance in poker can be brutal, even when you are playing well. The best example (for me) of this is that David Ross broke even for 28,000 hands.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just began bonus whoring and i know that you are all going to tell me that this is nothing compared to alot of other players loses, but i am posting regardless.

I hit the crypto sites with great success i played whatever the lowest limit was offered to clear the bonuses. I clear the bonuses on the 4 sites and with bonus and my play i was up about 350.

Then i went over to paradise where i have been getting absolutely smoked!!!! I can not make a hand whatsoever. if i raise with ak it will be 3 low cards, my draws never hit, and if i finally make a hand someone has one that is a little bit better.

I am about to finish the bonus and including the $100 bonus i am looking at a cashout of around $130. Like i said I am getting killed. My play has remained the same. I have played the same on every site, but on paradise it just seems you can't win unless you are playing garbage hands.

How do you guys typically shake something like this off? I have taked all kinds of beats before, but this is stinging much worse (i think because i had to stick around for 500 more hands to clear the bonus).

Any help or encouragement would be great. thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's poker-these things happen.

Honestly, if it's getting to you to where it's affecting your play (and if you're posting about it I have to believe it is): take a break and think about your play. If you're getting your money in with the best of it then no worries. If not, then do something about it.