Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2004, 09:41 AM

Default George W Bush Asks Us To Forget

In another post, I had tried to put together the positioning weaknesses of the Bush candidacy, as I saw them. Those inherent weaknesses amounted to a potential that could cause a collapse in the Bush front, somewhere in the future, as I claimed. I naturally took some flak for that from Bush acolytes!..

I now see that the Bush campaign is wisely shifting gears and addressing one of these weaknesses head on. I suggested that Dubya's perfformance in the last 4 years has been abysmal, but the undecideds held on to him due to the lack of a credibly alternative. So, I suggested that unless Bush offers something new or asks the voters to essentially approve what he has done the last 4 years, he might find himself in deep trouble.

Well, the new theme of the George W Bush campaign is "We've Turned A Corner", as CNN reports. Of course, when one turns a corner, one can no longer see what was behind that corner. So it seems Bush strategists understood their best shot is to have the public look forward - in order for the public not to look back. (If a president is proud of his record and campaigning on it, the main campaign theme aims differently, e.g. "Four More Years". BTW, you are not gonna hear much of that.)

...Stay tuned.

CNN Report