Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 02:32 PM

Default Giving it away

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls.

River: (12 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

I'm not a big fan of 10's. Do most of you raise PF in this situation?

Anyway, here's a BB that I could have easily added to my BB/100 by check-folding the turn. Was I justified in taking a stab at it, or was it pointless to try for folds at that point?
Old 06-26-2004, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Giving it away

I raise preflop and check fold the turn.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:17 PM

100% of the time PFR
Old 06-26-2004, 05:28 PM

pocket tens is a preflop raise. You say you don't like pocket tens, and that is understandable as a psychological phenomenon. I used to hate pocket aces because it seemed like they NEVER won for me. However, you STILL raise with very good hands regardless of whether or not you have positive affect for them!

Not trying to flame you. TT is just too strong not to raise preflop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2004, 05:45 PM

I also always raise TT btf. I never win because they never hold up and I haven't flopped a set in over a month, but it is definitely still the right play. At present TT is my 3rd worst Avg/Hand according to Pokertracker. Probably a statistical improbability since I have have seen 48 flops with TT and have flopped one, count them, one set... (I actually had no idea it was that bad til I just looked in my db).

Anyway, like I said, just fold the Tens preflop and you will be better off, hehe.

In this hand, do you know much about the big blind? He has shown a good bit of strength raising from the BB and firing into 3 players on that flop (or shown his ignorance, can't be sure here). I have seen quite a few players at this level that will raise small pairs from late position for value. Anyway, BB looks like a pair, but MP2 hanging around really screws things up. Heads up with the BB, I know I would bet after he checks, looks like the A scared him, but I would definitely lay it down after that. In this situation with MP2 behind you, I have to believe that at least one of these guys has an ace and from looking ahead, wouldn't be surprised of BB has AA in the whole (though I expect to see AK/AQ).

Gojacketz
Old 06-26-2004, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heads up with the BB, I know I would bet after he checks, looks like the A scared him, but I would definitely lay it down after that. In this situation with MP2 behind you, I have to believe that at least one of these guys has an ace and from looking ahead, wouldn't be surprised of BB has AA in the whole (though I expect to see AK/AQ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ended up they both had aces. I think it was AK or AQ and the other had a low kicker to make the straight.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:50 PM

I think turn is a good info-bet (and often value bet). Can't automatically slow down just because of the ace.