Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-29-2005, 11:07 PM

Default HELP!! My Stats; What should I do to get better??

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting. I've been playing for awhile. I felt like i was making some headway in .50/1 but everytime i go to 1/2 i get crushed. What do you guys think?
Sir SmokaLot

Old 12-29-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: HELP!! My Stats; What should I do to get better??

you raise preflop about half as often as you should

you pass up a minimum of 20% steal blind situations, thats nuts, I steal almost 38% of the time, you steal 9%, you are passing up insane amounts of EV by not adjusting
Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 PM

Hi and welcome to the forums.

looks to me like you are playing too tight. VPIP is quite low so if u feel comfortable u should try and find a few more places to raise preflop. Also seems that your not defending your blinds enough and not stealing blinds enough

are you getting the feeling that your getting bullied at the tables?

HTH
Old 12-29-2005, 11:27 PM

I would check out the stats information in the microlimits guidlines which is on the top of the microlimit board. It gives general guidlines of what good numbers are and why.

I think, in general you are too tight and too passive and weak. You should be playing more hands, should be raising more preflop (to increase this mainly consists of raising after weak limpers, lowering your raising standards as your position improves, and stealing blinds). You don't defend your blinds nearly enough.

As you move up you can't just sit back and wait for people to pay you off big time when you hit big hands, you have start playing more aggressively, pushing your edges, and force others to make mistakes. Heres a link to a good recent post from the small stakes forum that focuses on preflop play, I think it would be a good place to start for you. Good luck!

Linky

EDITED to say, also focus on table selection! Find tables with a lot of loose players. At these tables blind stealing defense is lowered in importance as those situations don't come up as much (you should be stealing/defending when appropriate, but it won't be as big of a leak.)
Old 12-29-2005, 11:33 PM

What the other posters have said is right. Fortunately, it looks like most of your leaks are being sprung by overly tight preflop play.

Scan the archives for preflop hand quizzes etc. Good aggressive preflop play is important to learn, as that is where we get a lot of our value versus donkier players.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting. I've been playing for awhile. I felt like i was making some headway in .50/1 but everytime i go to 1/2 i get crushed. What do you guys think?
Sir SmokaLot

[/ QUOTE ]

You're seeing way too few flops IMO. It should be more like 20%. You're passing up profitable opportunities, and you're probably a little bored (if you're multi-tabling...not as bored).

With the types of players at .50/1 and 1/2, you should be playing more suited connectors (or just about any big suited cards with enough players in ahead of you). You're playing a lot of multi-way pots, you should play more multi-way hands (avoiding things like KTo if there are players in ahead of you).

Your WtSD% looks really low (you may be too quick to fold when you have proper odds to chase), and your PFR% is low.

You may want to search in the archives for a link to a starting-hand chart. It will give you a very good place to re-start from.

And if you haven't read Small Stakes Hold'em...dear god buy it immediately.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should be raising more preflop (to increase this mainly consists of raising after weak limpers, lowering your raising standards as your position improves, and stealing blinds).

[/ QUOTE ]

I struggle with this problem as well. I read just today in SSH (hand quizes in the back) where 2 loose players limp in from early position. You hold KJo from MP and SSH gives a raise. I'm going to be trying to incorporate more of this type of play into my game.

It's funny how you play and play and play and then one day certain things start to click together.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:48 AM

You play too few hands, you do not raise PF enough, and you do not attempt to steal blinds enough. The starting hands in SSHE are GUIDELINES. It would be helpful to see the rest of your stats. Also, there is a specific thread for this.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:54 AM

I like blind responding to these to see how well I do. Here goes:

Raise preflop more. Steal and defend your blinds more.

Edit: I blind reply good.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:57 AM

You haven't read this have you?