Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

View Poll Results: ARE WE ALLOWED TO SAY 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER'?
YOU MORAN, ARE YOU TRYING TO OUTLAW 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER' FROM OOT??? 6 30.00%
NO 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER' IS GROSS 2 10.00%
YES 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER' IS A LEGITIMATE POLITICAL EXPRESSION 12 60.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: How\'s your SSNL?: HR101 AKo

I put villain solidly on 87h.
If the option had been QJh that'd be my choice - but QJo is a hand for suckers to call PF.

Hero made a poor play. He called the flop RR - good. The turn missed the possble flush draw - so Hero should bet again, like 50% of pot and consider folding to a big RR.

As played I do think the turn check + block bet will induce a bluff from a decent 2+2er, so Hero should call. (Must call if inducing a bluff).

/Zal
Old 12-16-2005, 12:10 PM

For those advocating a lead on the turn, I think this is a WA/WB situation...Cold call of raise, raise on flop...is this how people really want to play TPTK? If so, it's going to lead to a ton of small pot winnings that are either cancelled out or outdone by big pot losses. AK isn't a monster, even when it hits. The raise on the flop means one of two things -- 1) you're dominated and need to keep your losses to a minimum, or 2) you're ahead at this time, but there are a ton of dangerous cards, and you need to keep the pot small.

The check on the turn, while it turned out to be a bad play that could have resulted in a pot win, was good at the time.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he is good player as we assume, his line of raise big on flop and check turn indicates he is on a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a good player can check behind here as well and assume our Hero does not have a heart draw. I like a set checking here, it throws the opponent off and disguises the hand as they'd expect a set to bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and additionally it is unlikely Hero has flush draw since he raised preflop AhKh or KhQh is not likely enough not to take the risk of giving free card.

Is Villans preflop call with QJs good? Isnt it to high cards according to 5/10 rule that is risking to be dominated if they hit? A call or reraise with 10 10 is ok.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Villans preflop call with QJs good? Isnt it to high cards according to 5/10 rule that is risking to be dominated if they hit? A call or reraise with 10 10 is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not looking to flop top pair and play a big pot with QJs by calling this raise. You're looking to do exactly what was done here - flop a big draw, hit it, and get paid off. I like this play a lot.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:02 PM

This stuff is great...keep 'em coming!!
Old 12-16-2005, 06:33 PM

I really struggle with villian raising $23 (20% of stack)on the flop, when 2/3 of the time he won't hit. I think you could have bought your free turn for $10 less. What gets villian the stack is hero making top two pair, not the overbet on the flop.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really struggle with villian raising $23 (20% of stack)on the flop, when 2/3 of the time he won't hit. I think you could have bought your free turn for $10 less. What gets villian the stack is hero making top two pair, not the overbet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm not sure what you're talking about. $10 less isn't a legal raise and the raise to $23 certainly is not an overbet. after villain's call, the pot is $31...the raise of $14 more isn't even half pot.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:00 PM

I don't have tons of confidence in my answer, but I am guessing the villian had TT, and I would have even guess 33. The only part of the hand that confuses me is why the villian would check with TT. Maybe after thinking about it some more I suspect AT and wish that I would have called.