Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2004, 08:04 PM

Default quote for discussion...

In 1939 Nazi Leader Herman Goering said,

"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no
voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country. "

boy did he hit that one right on the head. discuss

rj
Old 10-16-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: quote for discussion...

By the way folks, this country has never been attacked by terrorists.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:16 PM

Grandpappy Prescott Bush sure did have some smart business partners there, didn't he?
Old 10-16-2004, 08:26 PM

Default Have anything productive to say?

Bush = Nazi.... How many times have I heard this from complete nutcases.

Not going to waste my time discussing this.

If you want to actually learn something about dangers to civilization read:

1) Civilization and it's enemies: by Lee Harris (atleast first 6 chapters)
2) Lexus and Olive Tree: Thomas Friedman
Old 10-16-2004, 08:39 PM

i didnt compare bush to hitler...i read this statement and i think it is a pretty accurate representation of what is going on now. and terrorists did attack us 3 years ago, only problem is they had nothing to do with iraq...sure it has been said that most of the terrorists were saudis and im sure im a "wacko liberal" for bringing it up but it is a tad nonsensical that the main country we are focusing on is iraq. in its context my quote still makes perfect sense. the administration did their best to convince us that iraq had attacked us, when in fact they had done nothing of the sort. we never "fought the war on terror" against the country that harbored most of the attackers, saudi arabia. it is a bit troubling that people would respond "yeah, not like terrorists attacked us or anything" to this quote. with that attitude, sure, lets go get saudi arabia. but immediately going after iraq is suspicious at best. and for the approval for the war, american people had to be lied to, which was exactly what the quote was pointing out.

rj
Old 10-16-2004, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Have anything productive to say?

Try reading the Congressional Record when Congress seized some of Prescott's nazi war booty profits.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:14 PM

post a link, and I will
Old 10-16-2004, 11:04 PM

I'm not in the mood to spoon feed.

Type "union bank bush" in google. Plenty of links.

The Union Bank was what Grandpa Bush used to funnel most of his Nazi profits from his corporations supplying Germany thru.

They took the bank away from him. Chased a couple of his shell corporations to Switzerland, etc. The Bush Family Fortune, Head of the CIA, Two Presidents, Senator, Two State Governers, were all started and built on Nazi Profits.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:55 AM

The Union Bank was not owned by Bush. It was owned by a German Industrialist. When this industrialist parted with the NAzi Party after the Jewish genocide began, the German fled to Switzerland and was subsequently stripped of his citizenship and fortune by Hitler. Prescott Bush owned one share of the Union Banking Coporation. General Motors and Standard Oil both had intereste in Germany during the ascent of the Nazi Party. Additionally, the Anti-Defamation League called the characterizations of Prescott Bush as a Nazi or Nazi sympathizer "untenable and politically motivated" and categorically stated that "Prescott Bush was neither a Nazi nor a Nazi sympathizer."

Prescott Bush was a member of many coroporate boards, far more than than the few that were seized by the US government. The Bush fortune was not started on Nazi profits.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:37 AM

Never by terrorists that had anything to do with Iraq.