Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Atlantis Side Games

If you win your way through Stars, they include a $1,000 meal plan. I was told this is enough to cover your food expenses (as long as you don't get too crazy)
Old 12-05-2005, 09:57 PM

yeti is checking the site now saying the meal plan will not cover much.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:30 AM

MLG can't he was playing the tourney the whole time. and when he wasnt his girlfriend took priority over side games. Surely you remember her, the one obsessed with your accent. Anyway, we'll both be there again for the drinking and the hanging out (oh and a poker tournament too).
Old 12-06-2005, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeti is checking the site now saying the meal plan will not cover much.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok bro, we will just have to upgrade to the $2 meal plan that daryn and bruiser are on.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you win your way through Stars, they include a $1,000 meal plan. I was told this is enough to cover your food expenses (as long as you don't get too crazy)

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this gets you breakfast and dinner but for dinner the nicer/more expensive restaurants aren't included in the plan.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:34 AM

I priced out 7 day package for my friends and i to go (they're backing out and going to amsterdam instead) but i came up with 6200ish for 7 nights in one of the nicer rooms in the main towers, the maxed meal plan which covers breakfast anywhere and then a dinner at ANY restaurant. this included a few other things like transportation. anyways we thought that actually it was a decent price considering the savings you get by taking the island meal plan, the pstars one is less than the minimum mealplan you can buy online, god knows what you're getting in that case.

my suggestion? if you're not going with pstars or were going to buy a package... you might want to consider going with the hotel.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
others have mentioned how expensive the food is.

just curious about details on this.
how 'insane' is 'insanely expensive' there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Breakfast for two: $50.00
Lunch for two: $75.00
Dinner for two: $100.00

If you were to budget less than this, you'd really be skimping.

It's pretty hardcore.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They had a bunch of SNGs ranging up to $100 or $150 (unless people asked for bigger) I think and had alot of side games running but I don't remember the details since I rarely played ring games back then. I think they offered limit hold em up to 30/60 but would spread bigger and other games if there was interest. I know they offered NL hold em too. I can't imagine the side games are terribly fishy since it is mostly people who managed to qualify on Stars but can't say for sure.

Hopefully someone can give you a better answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have said this before, but will reiterate: If they do not run the side games any better this year, it will just be a bunch of people standing around gawking at each other, wondering if the names on the board are the same as last night's list. Oh, nobody erased the list? Huh? Is there a limit game going? Wait--who's in charge? Are there any dealers available? What? Huh? I'm not sure. Hold on. Is there--umm, I...

Fuggit. I'm going to the beach.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They had a bunch of SNGs ranging up to $100 or $150 (unless people asked for bigger) I think and had alot of side games running but I don't remember the details since I rarely played ring games back then. I think they offered limit hold em up to 30/60 but would spread bigger and other games if there was interest. I know they offered NL hold em too. I can't imagine the side games are terribly fishy since it is mostly people who managed to qualify on Stars but can't say for sure.

Hopefully someone can give you a better answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have said this before, but will reiterate: If they do not run the side games any better this year, it will just be a bunch of people standing around gawking at each other, wondering if the names on the board are the same as last night's list. Oh, nobody erased the list? Huh? Is there a limit game going? Wait--who's in charge? Are there any dealers available? What? Huh? I'm not sure. Hold on. Is there--umm, I...

Fuggit. I'm going to the beach.

[/ QUOTE ]

think aruba, but worse? if so...yikes.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:13 PM

sounds like tahiti!