Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 11:51 AM

Default 2 n00b questions

1. In trying to analyze some of my HH, I've noticed that fairly often I am faced with 2 overcards and a BD flush on the flop.
While I realize that poker is positional, I'm wondering if any of you have a standard line for this. Against typical loose micro players, is it a leak to peel one off?

2. Is there ever a time you fold preflop from the BB in an unraised pot? I have yet to do so, but MAN! Sometimes I'd really like to!

I'm really interested in your responses.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: 2 n00b questions

[ QUOTE ]
1. In trying to analyze some of my HH, I've noticed that fairly often I am faced with 2 overcards and a BD flush on the flop.
While I realize that poker is positional, I'm wondering if any of you have a standard line for this. Against typical loose micro players, is it a leak to peel one off?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all completely dependant on the size of the pot.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Is there ever a time you fold preflop from the BB in an unraised pot? I have yet to do so, but MAN! Sometimes I'd really like to!

I'm really interested in your responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, you mean, fold when I have the chance to see three cards on the flop for free? No, I have yet to do that. I have yet to even want to.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:01 PM

1. pot size. guesstimate your outs versus pot odds and there's your decision. sometimes you're wrong. sometimes you're right. do you're best.

2. i open fold a lot on the flop from BB if i completely miss and there's no point in continuing or just click check/fold. i don't even think about it.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:06 PM

I think you should fold the BB a couple of times as an image play. People will respect your BB calls the more for it...

Overcards and a BD draw are usually worth 4 to 6 outs so with 4 or 5 people in the pot you can usually peel on for one bet and re-evaluate.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"It depends." [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

(by the way, "It depends" is a good answer for just about any question related to poker... the problem really comes when someone asks, "On what?")

I could think of a few circumstances where it would be best to muck and leave (tilting, vs good opponents short-handed, drunk).

I could also think of a few circumstances where it would be best to muck and continue to play at the table (8-tabling, AAx7, J3o in the bb in an unraised pot: muck that J3o if you can't concentrate on 8 hands!!!). The reason I said to continue to play was that it may actually be +EV to continue to play the 8 tables regardless of folding the occassional J3o.

But the generic answer to your question is don't friggin muck it.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is all completely dependant on the size of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

And position.

And action.

And board texture.

Hold'em's hard.