Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 01:10 PM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for the comments everyone. On the river, the loose player quickly folded to my bet. Villian A also folded, practically blasting his cards back at the dealer. So I won the pot with no showdown, which was kinda surprising. Any more comments welcome.

Jeff
Old 11-19-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the comments everyone. On the river, the loose player quickly folded to my bet. Villian A also folded, practically blasting his cards back at the dealer. So I won the pot with no showdown, which was kinda surprising. Any more comments welcome.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
So did you even see what you rivered?
Old 11-19-2005, 01:38 PM

Oh yea, I didn't make a full house...took a quick peek before I mucked facedown. Guess I didn't need it.

Jeff
Old 11-19-2005, 02:17 PM

Are you one to never show your cards? I wonder if that would be a good time to show them that you really were rolled up.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:20 PM

I don't show my cards under any circumstances. Ever. Let them wonder what I had as I get shoved my 2500 bucks. In fact, there was a lot of prodding out of them but I just kinda shrugged it off and didn't really respond. Villian A said he thinks I made a good 5th street raise with two pair which was pretty laughable. I think it was to goad me into telling him what I had though.

Jeff
Old 11-20-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: This Time, I\'m Rolled

Jeff, I'm a little interested in the smooth call 3rd, raise fourth sequence..

Do you call the limp reraise for deception? If so, do you decide to raise fourth figuring its not a bad opportunity to knock out some players with some dead money in there, and give up on deception?

Were you sick to your stomach when the ace paired his doorcard?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:20 AM

If I go ahead and cap 4th, I'm basically announcing my hand b/c I'm saying I don't fear aces. Also, I don't mind a bunch of dead money going in the pot and I know I will be in perfect postion to raise on 4th and try to clear the pot. And the guy with the A (as well as others) will know I don't need rolled trips to raise 4th whereas that's much more likely if I capped 3rd. I just need a hand I want to get headsup with.

[ QUOTE ]
Were you sick to your stomach when the ace paired his doorcard?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't the prettiest card I could have seen him catch, but I had a read my hand was still best. Though if I was wrong, it was going to get expensive. It's actually hold em that is making me sick to my stomach lately. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Unless it's out of position at NL Hold Em vs. Carlos. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jeff
Old 11-21-2005, 11:04 AM

This is a post that all stud players wondering about how to get to the next level, beyond understanding hand values and basic strategy, should read and reread. I learned alot reading it.