Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Q-high Flush

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

After the river raise I put my opponent on a higher flush because I thought it was pretty obvious to him I had the flush (But after some more looking at this hand, he could have put me on AQ, AT or AJ too)

Should I have raised him once again? I think so. Or was the risk too high?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Q-high Flush

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

After the river raise I put my opponent on a higher flush because I thought it was pretty obvious to him I had the flush (But after some more looking at this hand, he could have put me on AQ, AT or AJ too)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, go ahead and 3-bet this. Villain is only raising the river if he has a K or a flush. I don't think K-xs would have played it this way. The fact that you have the Q of clubs helps you greatly, since he cannot have KQ clubs. I think you are good here 99% of the time. That fact that you have an over caller should persuade you to 3-bet here as well.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:30 AM

Reraise. I shoot myself in the foot a lot of the time by giving my opponent too much credit for a hand at the river. It looks like it's far more likely he has trips or a straight than he does Kx[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], given his betting thoughout.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reraise. I shoot myself in the foot a lot of the time by giving my opponent too much credit for a hand at the river. It looks like it's far more likely he has trips or a straight than he does Kx[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], given his betting thoughout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. This is one of my major leaks. I give them too much credit. Most of the players don't look at my betting pattern, they just think: "WOW, A STRAIGHT" and raise anything.

In the future I should think more before making a call/raise on these kind of situations. I should rewind the tape of the hand and figure what kind of hands he could have.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:22 PM

Grunch.

I 3 bet here. You have the 2nd nuts and an overcaller. You really only need to be good more than 1/3 of the time (assuming the overcaller stays in) for the raise to be +EV. The only way I wouldn't is if I had a real good read on villian and knew he would only raise with the nuts. I'm guessing your good here a lot more than 1/2 the time. If he caps, I would call but expect to lose.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:25 PM

I agree with everyone you gotta three-bet here.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;blindpost&gt;

Reraise the river. How is he going to have a higher flush? the nut is K high flush. Unless he had KQclubs or KJ clubs. That's it!

Oh. any reads on UTG? tight? aggro? what?
I'd like to put him on a big ace, but no raise PF. Maybe QJo?????

all-in-all - reraise the river. you have second nuts. Don't look for MUTB.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:57 PM

If he caps, I would call but expect to lose.

I don't think that's healthy. Just play right and don't expect anything, the money'll take care of itself.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;blindpost&gt;

Reraise the river. How is he going to have a higher flush? the nut is K high flush. Unless he had KQclubs or KJ clubs. That's it!

Oh. any reads on UTG? tight? aggro? what?
I'd like to put him on a big ace, but no raise PF. Maybe QJo?????

all-in-all - reraise the river. you have second nuts. Don't look for MUTB.

[/ QUOTE ]

K9 clubs also a possibility looking at it. But your more often up against KQ and possibly other straights, 2-pair, or a set. This is the best spot possible to hit your backdoor flush draw.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:56 PM

Given the previous action in the hand, you're ahead a vast majority of the time here IMO.