Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 06:18 PM

Default ugh ... blind battle

villain is 16/8/7 after 25 hands if that means anything

looking for comments on all streets, whats the best line to take in situations like this, and what the hell should i do on the river, check/fold?

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.00 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.00 BB.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: ugh ... blind battle

I think I can find a fold on the turn. You're not getting three-bet on the flop by no-pair hands often enough to merit calling down in this pot, and I don't think any line that involves "hoping for a club so I can bluff out my opponent" is even worth considering in a heads-up pot.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:24 PM

What are his blind and steal numbers? You probably checked before playing back at him, but if you didn't, I think those are important stats to have on TAGs so you know which ones like to battle for the blinds and which ones are playing pretty straightforward.

[ QUOTE ]
I think I can find a fold on the turn. You're not getting three-bet on the flop by no-pair hands often enough to merit calling down in this pot, and I don't think any line that involves "hoping for a club so I can bluff out my opponent" is even worth considering in a heads-up pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean its only 25 hands, but this guy has an AF of 7, sorry no real read, multitabling

i dont like folding pairs in blind battles against guys this aggressive, my plan was to check/call a non club river, but the club came and i didnt want to have to call a bet, i dont like my river play tho

I don't like your attempt at the river, it's pretty bad. After all that and having it be a blind war and all I don't think he's folding anywhere near enough of the time to be profitable.

Also, I'd consider check-calling the flop and donking the turn.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are his blind and steal numbers? You probably checked before playing back at him, but if you didn't, I think those are important stats to have on TAGs so you know which ones like to battle for the blinds and which ones are playing pretty straightforward.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt check, and hes no longer at my table, i think i def should have tho, i can check PT now, but it doesnt really help anything to know it after the hand is already done with
Old 10-17-2005, 06:26 PM

Noone folds this preflop vs. an unknown TAG? Maybe I'm too much of a puss. I would fold the turn here though.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your attempt at the river, it's pretty bad. After all that and having it be a blind war and all I don't think he's folding anywhere near enough of the time to be profitable.

Also, I'd consider check-calling the flop and donking the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats your plan on the river, check/fold?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:32 PM

I'd check-fold.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:32 PM

yea, very ugh. fortunately i don't always get sucked into these, but from time to time don't we all. i fold the turn personally.