Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Bet the river?

--Hand1

First orbit. Is villain in payoff mode with small PP/A-hi or is reasonable to think he has a T and is afraid of a bigger pair given the preflop raise? Btw preflop is OK?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, ...

--Hand2

Button is 54/12/1.2, bad and agressive

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP calls $1.36 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (10.72 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (12.72 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks
Old 10-04-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Bet the river?

i bet hand one and c/c hand 2 because villian looks like he's capable of bluffing his flush draw, betting any pair or maybe even a bluff raise that id hate to fold to.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:42 PM

Hand 1: Bet river, and I like preflop.

Hand 2: I check/call too. Mainly because i can't bet/fold vs. this type of player, but also:
Because he's bad and agressive and did not raise the turn, I don't think he has 2pair or a set. It's either a flushdraw, a T or a PP. Betting when he has a FD or T is obviously no good. Versus a PP you may lose 1 bet if he checks behind. But it's also possible he blufs with his FD or bets his PP where you will gain 1 bet. (or checks behind his AA...)

So everything accumulated I think its +EV to c/c.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:46 PM

Bet both. Bet/call 2. Too many pocketpairs or ace high hands that will call but not bet.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet both. Bet/call 2. Too many pocketpairs or ace high hands that will call but not bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think he will call with A-high?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:51 PM

if that's what he has and he 3bet the flop with it, yea I do. I think his most likely hand is some sort of pair though.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:07 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
if that's what he has and he 3bet the flop with it, yea I do. I think his most likely hand is some sort of pair though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like a bet/call on the second river since this player will bet a busted diamond draw as well as any pair or even missed overs but i really do not see him calling with them, and i certainly cannot fold to a raise of his. last thing i want to do is pay 2 bets to see he T. i really think he's betting this river 95% of the time, and with no fear of being raised that's an easy call for us.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:37 PM

if you want to say he's gonna bet with busted diamond draw you might as well say he might raise with it, at least 50% as often as he bets with it, no?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:17 PM

I like a bet in hand one, hand 2 it seems like your just goign to get a flush draw to fold and you going to get raised by all 10s, so i dont see any value from betting the river, i think a c/c is better.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:36 PM

1. Bet/fold. You have to make those bets at 3/6 because they pay you off with very little. The range of hands that will call that you beat is larger than the range that beats you by a significant margin here.

2. I think bet/call. The preflop action makes a T and a flush draw much less likely than a high PP (and you beat most) or AK/AQ which I suspect he will call most of the time but not bet.