Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Bad bet on turn??

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

River: (10.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Should I have checked the turn being called in 2 places in this raggedy flop? What if only 1 person called the turn and I hit a blank on river. I check and call or fold a bet on river in most situations?? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Bad bet on turn??

The turn bet is fine, especially when you're out of position. As often as not, you'll pick up the pot with a bet here. And, as you demonstrated, it's an easy fold when you're raised.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:20 AM

I think the turn bet is all right. Your opponents could peel with a lot of different things on this rag flop. Betting does give them another chance to fold their AT or whatever they cold-called with (and hopefully it's not two clubs).

Reads could change this, though. Versus loose-passives who love to play ace-rag and call down with it, for instance, I might just check-fold (which isn't entirely giving up, by the way, as it's possible no one will bet).
Old 06-28-2005, 08:26 AM

What Im wondering is if I bet turn and get 1 caller, river comes a blank. You check, he bets, would you call your K high or fold?? ANd this is in typical situation with no reads.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have checked the turn being called in 2 places in this raggedy flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes - and then folded if someone bet.

Both players called 2-cold PF and then called again on a rag flop. At the Party 2/4, you can be pretty sure that 1 of those 2 players is going to showdown against you. I would possibly bet again against 1 flop caller (depending on a read) but leading into 2 players again seems like spewing to me. I made my PF/Flop plays and on that turn you need to be done - check/fold.

[ QUOTE ]
What if only 1 person called the turn and I hit a blank on river. I check and call or fold a bet on river in most situations??

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're losing a lot of money if you're check-calling rivers with K-high.