Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Was this an easy fold?

[ QUOTE ]
Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB completes.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 6d 7d (two pair, sevens and sixes).
UTG doesn't show.
UTG+1 doesn't show.
Outcome: SB wins 12 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

It's usually a good idea not to post results as they skew posters' opinions.

I call down after the c/r without any reads for the reasons stated above w/ regards to the board paring and counterfitting someone else's two pair, as well as the odd time villain is aggressively playing KQ and AQ.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the part you raise preflop?

I would have 3-bet the turn. Just to see where I was in the hand, if I capped, I call and fold the river UI, it seems that the Button would stick around too.

Given, the limit, I would not be surprised to see 63, 76, Q7, Q6, (9 ways each) QQ, 33, 77, 66 (6 ways each). We have 63 ways to lose but we beat Qx (where x is not a 3,7 or a 6) which is 90 ways (I consider Qx the only hand that we beat that wouldplay this way).
We have the winning hand 90 vs 63 or approx. 3:2 I only need to win approx. 11% of the time so I call the river.

I don't raise because getting 3-bet would be disastrous because only a superior hand would raise or call, while a weaker hand is more likely to fold than raise or call.

[/ QUOTE ]

W/out any reads 3-betting for information won't be too helpful. Is villain a tricky aggro with JJ, KQ, AQ, or something nuttier, vs. your predictable C/R 2-pair?

Calling down after the C/R is cheaper and it gets us to showdown.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:41 PM

Haven't read anything else yet...

Uh, RAISE pre-flop!

Flop is good.

Turn, I 3-bet it and see if it's capped.

River, I just call behind also.

Hand plays differently if you become the pre-flop aggressor, though the results may have been the same.

Don't post results, even in white. Most folks just have to look.

EDIT:

I have now read through, and see that you raised pre, UTG+1 dropped and the others called. Should have been 9SB to the flop. I bet out also, but ANYONE has odds to call at 10:1, and thus they do.

My turn play changes now that I know you showed strength preflop. I just call down to the C/R. There are 6 BB's going to the turn, you bet, a caller and the SB puts in 2, so now you have 10:1, maybe 11:1 if button calls to just call the C/R. Knowing what he had now, you have 8 outs, which is more than justifyable. But, even those outs may not be clean. The button is sticking around with something. So if I Q or a 3 hit, HE may have trips.

Generally speaking though, a turn C/R against a preflop/flop aggressor should tell you you need to catch.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:23 AM

sorry, I mis-read your post--second time today.