Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Live 10/20 Mirage, How Good/Bad Did I do?

10/20 At the Mirage.

a good 2+2'er that I know well from playing is sitting to my immediate left, life sucks eh? The other player in the pot was a normal 10/20 player.. nothing special, nothing terrible. Just pretty solid A B C Poker.

I am UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I make it 2 bets to go, UTG+1 (2+2'er) Calls it cold, UTG+2 (the other player) Makes it 3 Bets... Folded around to me and I call, as does the Young Guy

Flop Comes

J 9 4 Rainbow

I bet, UTG+1 Calls, UTG+2 Raises, I call, UTG+1 Calls.

Turn is a 5

I bet, UTG+1 Calls, UTG+2 Raises, I Fold.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Live 10/20 Mirage, How Good/Bad Did I do?

Reraise the flop to try to get the guy in the middle out. Then lead the turn. If he raises you again, evaluate the type of player he is. Would he ever push AK this hard? If not, he has an overpair or set and you're boned. So, pitch it. But definitely reraise the flop...your turn bet will also look legit unlike the "feeler" effect your stop and go produces.

Jeff
Old 09-16-2005, 12:16 PM

do we really 3-bet even though:

[ QUOTE ]
Just pretty solid A B C Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think check/raising the flop would be better.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:00 PM

I too would check raise the flop. If the solid 2+2er on your immediate left calls two bets cold, the only logical hand he can have is 99 or QQ-AA (doubtful he calls your UTG raise cold with AJ, in which case you are only playing for a split). If ABC then 3-bets, you must fold. If ABC calls, you also call. If A or J turns, you bet out.... if anything else turns, you can check and fold safely.

If he three bets, you can be pretty sure you are losing. Call to hit a 6 outer (J or A) on the turn and bet out if you do.... if you do not, then check and fold the turn.

If 2+2er folds to your check raise and the ABC player three bets you, proceed the same way as above... call in hopes of your 6 outer with the pot laying you 14-1 odds. If 2+2er folds and the ABC player calls your check raise, you must bet out the flop with any card hitting.... if you get raised at that point (and the turn was not a J or an A) you are almost definitely beat and can fold.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:25 PM

Default I hate the idea of 3 betting this flop...

I hate the idea of 3 betting this flop...

I should have c/r'ed the flop.

in doing so, I make it possible for me to force the UTG+1 (who im likely is drawing) to call 2 more.

he will check behind me and UTG+2 Will Bet, I raise... so I price UTG+1 hard for his draw, and the pot isn't as inflated to make his turn call as profitable.

I also saved myself money, because I am likely behind the UTG+2 and no one likes putting extra bets in when they are behind.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a good 2+2'er that I know well from playing is sitting to my immediate left, life sucks eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, no.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

a good 2+2'er that I know well from playing is sitting to my immediate left, life sucks eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want a 2+2er on your left for 8 hours? You confuse me..
Old 09-16-2005, 01:44 PM

I don't want him in my game. But if he is, I want him on my immediate left. Loosie-goosies on my right, tough, tighties on my left.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want him in my game. But if he is, I want him on my immediate left. Loosie-goosies on my right, tough, tighties on my left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he's a LAG'ish Aggresive "I like to isolate my buddy out of position" Type Player? Maybe it's just because he and I know each other to well, but I hate it... I'll take position over this guy instead of the other guy all day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 01:50 PM

Looks like your line was begging for an excuse to fold.