Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Best way of boosting a bankroll quickly- Bonus Whoring

Check out bonuswhores.com and thebankrollbuilder.com for a ton of info on how to work over bonuses. No it's not illegal, the site is offering you a a % extra money to play on their site for x number of hands. Once you have cleared the required hands you can take your money and move on. It's much like people that use coupons to buy food, the company hopes to hold onto a % of all the people they give the deal to.

But here is how it works:
Start out picking a rake return site and make sure you use thier code to register all your accounts at poker sites. Then use one of the above sites to find the best bonus to work. Normaly you want to start with the monthly bonuses and do all of those before the others this will allow you to make say $500 every month in bonuses if you clear all the monthly ones and find you still have a week left before you can start another run at them then jump over to whatever first deposit only bonus works the best for you.

If the site gives you %10 upto $100 in bonus and you dump in $50 you lost $90 in bonus money, if you can't max out the bonus look for the sites with bottomless bonuses or sites that offer a 100% match upto $25-50 and do them. Basicaly just make sure you are getting the most bang for your buck and keep moving around. Make sure to pull out all the money on each site as, for me at least, this seems to trigger a "come try us again and we will give you another bonus!"
Old 09-14-2005, 05:21 PM

so what i should do is deposit money into let's say full tilt poker, play the smallest micro limit stakes i can so i wont lose any money up to the amount of hands i need to get the bonus, then cashout? it said i need net teller, can i do this with firepay? also, one site said, hollywood poker, said i could get a 500% bonus up to 1000 bucks. so does that mean if i put in 100 bucks i get 500 bucks in bonus money? that can't be right can it?
Old 09-14-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Best way of boosting a bankroll quickly

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am about even in money, making my time worthless (and my girlfriend unhappy since it takes up so much time an i have nothing to show for it) i think im a good enough player to make some money online but was wondering as to what the best ways our to go about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of playing 4 hours per day, play 2 hours per day, and spend 2 hours with your girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and don't move up in stakes until you are consistenly winning at the lower limits.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:03 AM

Certain sights have much harder clearing requirements.
some may be next to impossible playing .50/1
save those bonuses for much much much later.
start with the crummy $50 bonuses, the prima network has a bunch of em..
alot easier to clear.
meh, just follow the guide on bonuswhores.com
they got it down to a science.

[hyp]
Old 09-15-2005, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so what i should do is deposit money into let's say full tilt poker, play the smallest micro limit stakes i can so i wont lose any money up to the amount of hands i need to get the bonus, then cashout?...

[/ QUOTE ]
The trick is not to lose money while clearing your bonus. I just cleared my $100 bonus at PartyPoker. I had to play 700 raked hands to clear it. After the 700 hands, I was down $50 from my initial deposit. So my net bonus was $50.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:12 AM

the best way to boost your bank roll??
win a mtt on any site with a buy in that your comfortable wtih and 5 billion entries..
probably safer than many other routes to padding ur bank roll.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:39 AM

I haven't read the other replies to this thread but I cannot resist mentioning Sklansky's note in 7CSFAP that low-limit spread-limit stud is a good game for those trying to increase small bankrolls.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am about even in money

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i think im a good enough player to make some money

[/ QUOTE ]

Fundamental disconnect between your perceptions and reality.

If you are not making money, then you are NOT good enough to make money, especially considering the amount of time you have been playing.

Obviously, there is something that is stopping you from winning money. I know that you would like to think that it is something outside of yourself, but chances are that you are just not a good enough player. Sorry to say it so harshly, but its probably the truth.

Go back to basics, read some books, read these forums, attempt to apply what you have learned, practice good table selection and go from there.

Also - just be thankful that you are not in the red!
Old 09-15-2005, 01:14 PM

I understand what your saying, but i actually have won money at some points. i have cashed out at 250 bucks in more then one week, but i will lose 100 of it next week. i think what i'm doing is playing to high of stakes for my bankroll, such as playing 10+1 sit n' go's with a 100 dollar or sometimes less bankroll, and when i win i cashout my 200 or so bucks and leave 100 in there. then if i have a downswing, my bankroll cant handle it. i just dont feel like playing 5.50 sitn go's is worth the time, but i guess you need to start somewhere. i probably should leave my money in there so i can get a bigger bankroll correct? i also am thinking about switching to party poker from stars which apparently is much softer games at the sit n go department. barry greenstein once said he felt he needed to be about 3% better than his opponents if he was to be successful, and although i don't know how he got that number, i feel that if i switch to party i will be a little better relative to my opponents than i was at stars.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i also am thinking about switching to party poker from stars which apparently is much softer games at the sit n go department.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been mentioned in previous replys, go to bonuswhores.com and click their bonus101 link. Yes you'll want to play party, but wait until you have $500 so you can maximize the bonus.

Bonuswhores has a complete laid out plan to hustle and maximize the bonuses.