Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Bleeding chips in general

Ive got some strange stats in my PT database for the early levels.

Played 315 25+2 Turbos on Stars. ROI 37.14 (Yes I know this will go down, this isnt about that)(In fact it has gone down whilst I have been typing)

BB 15/30 Hands 1151 V$SB 21.54% PFR 2.87% Tchipswon= +14,083

BB 25/50 Hands 379 V%SB 15.56% PFR 2.9% Tchipswon= -5485

BB 100/200 TH 1686 V%SB 37% PFR 21.47% TChipswon = +35500

Ive won as much at 15/30 as I have at 50/100 but am leaking chips at 25/50.

I know my sample for this level is very small but thanks to this thread I am going to be paying more attention to these stats over the next 1000 games more than I otherwise might have done.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:29 PM

That was like 3rd pair, dude, but I'll check.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your general thoughts on calling down with TPmediumK and such?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya good question. I'd like to see a new thread on this so it gets it due attention.

I usually check/fold TPNK and bet small with TPMK and fold to a raise and check fold the turn. I know thats about the weakest line there is but I just hate playing pots where I know there is a damned good shot I'm beat.

If its lvl 4 or later and its a HU pot, all of this changes of coarse.

Andre
Old 06-01-2005, 09:17 AM

One thing I've noticed at the lower buy-in sng's is that there are normally a few terrible players who will be routinely out or severely crippled by level 3 or 4 unless they luckbox into a hand. They overvalue tptk, tpwk, draws, etc and generally pay off. Their chips are up for grabs and the better players are going to recognize that and act on it, leaving the tighties stuck in observor mode unless they pick up some solid values. Obviously, this doesn't apply to every table or limit, but when this situation exists, I'm going to complete and limp behind with lots of suited 1 gappers and unsuited connector type hands I normally wouldn't bother playing.

The real key for me is getting paid off when I do flop the monster hand or draw. If I'm up against players who aren't going to pay off though, there's zero point in playing these hands other than adding deception (which is almost worthless at the low buy-ins) and enticing action on my legitimate hands.

Obviously, this only applies to deep stacks against poor players, but it's one type of scenario where pot and implied odds make many hands playable that normally should be mucked.