Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Games Grid

This is my first post, but I think it's in the right forum.

Has anyone else tried out Games Grid's new poker room? Apparently they have been around for a little while as a backgammon and gin site, but they just opened the poker room last week.

The reason I checked it out is a 1000% sign-up bonus up to $5,000. It seems to play off like Stars, but they release what you've earned every night at 1am.

So far I've seen a max of about 3-4 limit and 3-4 NL tables full at night, a couple of each in the day.

The software runs fast and smooth, but is missing a few key features that a guy named "KenArnold", who says he works for the software company, said would be coming soon. For instance, 4 color deck, hand histories, waiting lists and more varied limits.

Does anyone know anything about them, or have played there... for their other games or poker?

I'd like to see it take off, as that's a lot of bonus money.

Just for reference; no I do not have an affilliate account, nor am I shilling... unless wanting more players there to help me work of my own bonus counts as shilling.

Any info or comments about the site would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris
Old 04-18-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Games Grid

I played there...it is ok...bonus really only good for 2-4 or higher.

Seems like it could do well...deposited $500, have the bonus pending, waited a couple of days, and took out the $500 yesterday...
Old 04-18-2005, 05:09 PM

That's another thing I was curious about; how long did the cashout take to hit NETeller? (if that's what you used)

And yeah, it seems like the bonus will work off much faster on $2NL tables since they don't take rake til $20 on the limit tables whereas on the NL tables you get 1/2 point or something for a $10 pot.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:11 PM

Didn't clock it, cashed out at 3 pm, check my neteller at 10 pm and it was there.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:25 PM

Seems like it could do well...deposited $500, have the bonus pending, waited a couple of days, and took out the $500 yesterday.

You can do this? And just play with the bonus?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:28 PM

the room has only been open 10 days now. i like the software, and there is no limit to how many tables you can play. the bonus is really good, as is the very frequent player program(play 10 table hours per week to earn 3 big blinds per hour, paid once per week). playing less than 10 hours does not automatically kick you off the program.

all we need is players. come to think of it, there is an ad in the 2+2 classifieds concerning a referral. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

cheers!
Old 04-18-2005, 05:29 PM

finally got around to test driving this site today. as alluded in my previous posts, the FPP bonus is very similar to UB's structure, though there are at least two major differences:

a) because GG is 9-max instead of 10-max, the maximum rakeback equivalent of FPP can only be about 90% compared to 100% max on UB. HOWEVER, higher limit players can receive up to 20 cents in bonus if the hand is raked $3, as opposed to 10 cents on UB. so if you play $5/10 limits and up, this is basically like having a permanent Poker Stars, TGC/Poker Rewards or Poker Stars bonus running, or $5000 worth of 60% rakeback.

b) no points are issued for rakes below 50c, so you'll have to play at least $1/2 LHE or 50c/$1 NL in order to get anything back. for people playing between $1/2 and $3/6 limits, the VFP program is the key value because the 1.5BB/hr adds about an additional 100% rakeback equivalent to your earnings rate on top of the FPP bonus. assuming you can get in 10 hours of action a week, playing two $2/4 tables will yield about 8BB/100 on top of whatever you make in actual play.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:32 PM

I really like this site,has everything going for it except traffic, which I believe will steadily increase. The software is clean and fast. The VFP profgram is legit, all you have to do is play at least 10 hrs in a week. I checked this morning and my VFP money was already in my account. I hope the traffic increases, as this is fast becoming one of my favorite sites to play on.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:39 PM

I was surprised at how fast the cashout went. A few hours is not bad for a new site.

The bonus and VFP awards were granted as stated and on time.

I just couldn't catch a draw at this site, and none of my best hands held up through the river. I cashed out as a net loser even after all bonuses.

Maybe I'll go back when the frustration wears off.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:54 PM

Somehow I just noticed the VFP program, I signed up for that right away... why wouldn't you? I'll definitly get 10 hours a week in, just more free money.

Unfortunately with my play lately... I need that extra money....