Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2002, 09:53 AM

Default Re: How about \"Funnel\" players?

Dave- and you think I'M in a GOOFY mood just because I've been laughing for a week? How about "Funnel Cakes"? ROFL!! Sorry, but I found this "funnel player" label funny as hell. When I stop laughing I will read your post again and put on my "Funnel Cap". Babe.
Old 05-04-2002, 10:12 PM

Laughing for a week? Is the babe on an incredible run, or did something/someone tickle her funnybone?

May the flop be with you!

Fitz
Old 05-05-2002, 12:15 AM

Fitz- the Babe is always on an "incredible" run of some kind or another, even if simply running to the mall for new panties. But...yup, I have been laughing to the point of tears for a week. I even find it funny that I feel so damn silly, but I cannot stop laughing!. Someone may have set this off, but I won't tell who..... Hysterically yours, xxoo - Babe-y.
Old 05-05-2002, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Help me give a name to this playing style

i know this player. they seem to be competent but they really arent. if they own hpfap they havent read it. if theyve read it they havent really understood or absorbed it. tight aggressive poker is hard to learn and even harder still to consistently practice.

im guessing some of these players are actually marginal winners if they are good at avoiding tilt and they pick good games to sit in. those are a couple of big ifs of course. i think terms like "weak", "passive", "uneducated" and "trying to play well" work well.

feeney says that watching what a player cold calls raises with will give you great insight into their skill level. ive been watching for this lately and learning a LOT from it. geez talk about your tells..

Old 05-05-2002, 05:20 PM

I really like Brad's description of them as self-weighting players. This does them a great deal of justice as far as their play goes. They are self-weighting for more reasons other than just their lack of understanding of poker concepts such as those related to calling raises.

They are self-weighting because they don't need no stinkin' books to learn how to play poker because they already know how to play poker as is clearly shown by their experience in both poker and life as is clearly shown by their advanced age and their superior holier-than-thou attitude because it's obvious that they know everything and you know nothing you stupid little punk brat kid you....

I call them things like crabbapple mary too. this is because these tend to be the nasty old vegas regulars who think they know it all and therefore feel justified in making everyone else at the table completely miserable.

Dave in Cali
Old 05-05-2002, 05:20 PM

I like Trying to play well. I think that does a good job of describing.

Its like they "Think they are playing well, but are in fact only trying to play well."

There are legions of this type of player out here.
Old 05-05-2002, 05:23 PM

Default Re: babe the laughing one

Babe, if you are so damn happy that you are laughing all the time, I am coming back to vegas TODAY! Just keep it up till I get there, I justs loves me happy ladies!

Dave in Cali
Old 05-05-2002, 05:25 PM

Try "think they are playing VERY well, and FAR better than everyone else, but in fact are poor players who only maybe skate by with a small winning margin because the tourists are SO much worse then they are"
Old 05-05-2002, 07:06 PM

Default Re: babe the laughing one

I am always happy with you around, Dave. Come back soon- Babe. And...p.s. I am still laughing like a hyena.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:31 PM

Default Ps . Dave in Hell - Re: Babe\'s Best

Hey Dave (not in Cali) - sorry you missed the list this year, but it's hard to give you a shot at it when you live in Hellville, Texas. You will have almost a whole year to remove that stigma and to prove yourself worthy of the Babe's best list. Don't give up, just get here.! Pack and leave SOON. Babe