Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 02-13-2002, 08:23 PM

Default Ray, Matt and me at LC\'s

Ray Zee was at Lucky Chances Tuesday night playing the small Omaha/8 tourny and later the $2-3-5 no-limit game. Ray was never more than a table away from me during the tournament (I played 2-40 and later no-limit). Three times during the late stages I walked over to see Ray all-in. The rule here is all-in called hands get turned up immediately. All three times, Ray had A2. One of those time he had AA2. Later he joked that he plays just like his book says to because the author really knows his stuff.

I think Ray came in fourth or therebouts. What pleased me most was seeing how hard he played, even with not much on the line, in the tourny and in the no-limit game, and that he has fun.

It wasn't in my bankroll's best interest to play no-limit with Ray and Matt Flynn and several other toughies and only a couple soft spots. But I just couldn't resist the comradery of it all, and I especially couldn't resist watching Ray and learning. Ray just made his way into my top-three favorite poker-writers list, with John Vorhaus and Jesse May.

Tommy
Old 02-14-2002, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Ray, Matt and me at LC\'s

"Ray just made his way into my top-three favorite poker-writers list, with John Vorhaus and Jesse May"

My favorite line from Shut Up and Deal:

"Poker's good if you like watching people. Not if you like people because then you won't like people so much."

Wouldn't be true if there were more people like Ray. And Tommy.