Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 08-20-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Crazy Poker - never got signed up for affiliate rakeback deal

I've read many times in all FAQ's that you can't get a rakeback deal to stack on top of the current 33% offer that Crazy Poker has if you already have an account. Although I have accounts at 3 Boss Media sites, Poker Stars, Bet 365, Crazy Poker, and Pacific Poker, I am not as concerned that I missed the boat by not getting rakeback deals before signing up with those sites.

That being said, does anyone know of any way I can still obtain a rakeback deal for Crazy Poker? Would I have to agree with an affiliate to use them for several sites in addition (Party skins, Absolute, etc)? Should I post something in the classifieds and hope for the best? Or am I just SOL altogether?

I really feel like I'm missing the boat- where else can I get 53%+ rake back? I am currently in the process of building my bankroll/bonuswhoring, but eventually (meaning within 1-2 months) I see myself multitabling at least 1/2 & 2/4 LHE in the future on Crazy Poker, especially if I could still get this great deal.

Thanks for any help and advice!
Old 08-20-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Crazy Poker - never got signed up for affiliate rakeback deal

if you are planning to multitable 1/2 and 2/4 LHE "in the future", then you shouldn't even be overly concerned about rakeback to begin with. everyday 10c or higher raked hand bonuses available at many sites are worth over 5 times what rakeback would earn at those playing levels.

Crazy Poker hasn't been around all that long, they've changed their bonus schedule around quite a number of times and they haven't always been clear with customers about their deals. so don't assume they're going to keep to these T&C's either if the choose to change it again.

many of the sites you currently have accounts at don't have rakeback either, so your long term options are still pretty wide (Cryptos, Party skins, other Prima skins, Absolute, UB, Full Tilt and many more). stick with bonuses if you want to make the most money overall at low limits.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:17 AM

I'm starting at low limits to build my bankroll, but I've played and succeeded at mid levels, particularly 1/2 and 2/4. I am guestimating that I will start hitting those levels as opposed to the micro limits while bonuswhoring within 1-2 months, hence why I have concern for rakeback for the future.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:00 AM

I don't know where you're getting your rakeback theories from, but if you think you're going to earn more from an affiliate playing $1/2 and $2/4 than you would from just bonuses without rakeback, then you'd better check your math again.

rakeback is good to have in the long run but there are too many newbies who OBSESS about it while at the same time ignoring bonuses which are worth as much as 200-400% on their action.

get rakeback on the sites which I suggested on my previous reply in this thread. chances are you won't even need more than 1 or 2 of them in the long run anyway, since you should only try and generate excess MGR after clearing all possible bonuses and reloads on available sites first.

worrying about 33% rebate on a two-bit prima skin like Crazy Poker (a deal which only went up this month and isn't even worth as much as the $100 reloads that were there previously), is a total waste of energy at your level.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:58 AM

1/2 and 2/4 are not mid limits.

Unless you're playing 8 tables of 2/4 because you need money in a hurry, you're going to be much better off working on improving your game than trying to multitable.

Rakeback starts to become more valuable than some bonuses at 3/6.

Interesting calculation: Playing full ring, the max rakeback people get is in the region of 25% of 1/10th of $3 = 7.5 cents a hand (and that's with max rake on every pot)

Rakeback is more useful for 6max players - 12.5 cents a hand with max rake

Rakeback is for high volume players who don't have bonuses left to clear high limit players who don't have the game selection available at their usual limits on many bonus offering sites.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rakeback is for high volume players who don't have bonuses left to clear high limit players who don't have the game selection available at their usual limits on many bonus offering sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just plain wrong... rakeback is an additional benefit on top of bonuses, and you need to do it when you first sign up for a site.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:46 PM

Rakeback is on the net rake you produce. If you're clearing bonuses at low limits, you're producing negative MGR.

I'm sticking with my statement.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:44 PM

so poker-penguin (i'll ask you since it seems youre the only one who really seems to know what they are talking about) basically what you are saying is that making sure that you have a rakeback offer at every site you sign up with when you are starting out at low limits is not really all that important because at low limits your simply focusing on clearing bonuses and once you move up to higher limits you can play most of your hands at a single site at which you have rakeback?
Old 08-21-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so poker-penguin (i'll ask you since it seems youre the only one who really seems to know what they are talking about) basically what you are saying is that making sure that you have a rakeback offer at every site you sign up with when you are starting out at low limits is not really all that important because at low limits your simply focusing on clearing bonuses and once you move up to higher limits you can play most of your hands at a single site at which you have rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, unless you happen to already be signed-up at a site that becomes your favorite. Then you're stuck without rake back.

There is never a disadvantage to signing up with rake back because it can ONLY help you.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rakeback is on the net rake you produce. If you're clearing bonuses at low limits, you're producing negative MGR.

I'm sticking with my statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're ONLY clearing bonuses at low-limits then you are generating negative rake... so what? How does that hurt you in any way? Find an affiliate who doesn't carry over negative balances and there's no reason not to take advantage of rake back. You get the bonuses when starting out and still have rake back later down the road when it becomes more profitable for you.