Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market

Old 05-20-2002, 06:17 PM

Default houston we have a problem

lots of wild talk today after cheneys usa terrorist attack prediction. treasuries had a good day, gold was up and there are some hot gold mining stocks. looks to this observer like flight to quality. read stuff on possibility of nuclear attacks on usa and walk in suicide terrorist bombings in usa like whats happening in israel. hard to believe nuclear scenario but I can see the walk in terrorist attacks happening. what does this have to do with the stock market? well quite a bit I think I don’t like tech much anyway even without the heightened risk. too early in the business cycle for a return to profit growth for tech. also too early to tell who benefits although SOX is probably best bet if you must own tech but id stay out. many consummer stocks too high for my taste. hopefully more terrorist attacks wont come to pass but when the vp starts saying the odds favor more of them im listenin. the usa stock markets were down today as a reaction to cheney’s statement. all in all I like cash and/or some form of us treasuries. thinking about taking a flyer on some gold mining stocks too. mark me down for it as I’ll post what I bought tomorrow. ASA will probably be one that I buy.

Old 05-21-2002, 06:31 AM

Default gettin to the party late

decided a lot of the gold mining stocks are extened too much for my taste so im not buyin those yet.