Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 02:46 PM

Default Progress of trades(so far)

Bot the bond feb 98 puts sold twice as many 97 puts.

Each 1/2 done for 12 credits.Both puts settled at 1.I recommended the same trade here when it was still 6 credit..you would have never felt pain if u did them.

Bot 2 bond feb 104 calls sold 3 105 calls.Each 2/3 done for 10 debit.I did 10 packages for 100

debit.I sold the 104 105 call spread 10 times at 26.now collected a total of 160 ticks(260-100) and am left with long 10 104 calls short 20 105 calls.I may

butterfly the whole position and buy 10 106 calls at 2. this will give me the 104 105 106 call butterfly at 140 credit!

bot 2 march eurocurrency at 8805 and sold 3 march swiss at 6011.I may eat dirt on this one.

I also posted a no pain S&P trade.(check time and sales)

So Elroy here is the question...do you have any trades for me,no kidding.Forget the theory I want to make some cash!
Old 01-18-2002, 04:28 PM

Default i sometimes post trades...

As I have mainly been an S&P day trader, I don't usually post trades. I am left with either posting EVERY trade - which interrupts my new lightning-fast style, and really gets on peoples nerves - or I can post every trade I made money on after the fact - and sound like a liar - or...

As soon as the S&P chopped up after the weather turned cold, I began looking for places to employ capital in longer-term stuff. But I have been very busy with other things lately, and as such have no immediate outstanding entries or exits to recommend. I am also always unexcited about recommending trades, even without compensation... for a variety of reasons.

That having been said, it is fun sometimes to call trades and impress your friends! But it works best on day traders who 1) know whether you were right or wrong on the last call before your next call comes along, and 2) know how easy it is to claim you made a profit doing something when nobody sees the actual tickets. Real traders are very picky

I will probably be picking out some more frequent long-term spots in the near future, in bonds, currencies, grains, or energies (in that order of probability) and I'll post some of them here if I am of a mind to talk about my reasons. It seems like the real fun would be to brag about my reasons, but I'm not sure anyone would understand my new model, or would even care to!

Also, I am considering re-deploying my old mind-reading strategy in the stocks. The market seems inclined to it, and I am in something of a mood to do it. But it will take me a while to rebuild my confidence in that before I will want to waste my time posting.

eLROY

Old 01-23-2002, 03:58 PM

Default buy s&p\'s here - for the close! *NM*

Old 01-24-2002, 08:55 AM

Default Re: buy s&p\'s here - for the close! *NM*

Old 01-24-2002, 09:00 AM

Default Re: buy s&p\'s here - for the close!

Hi eLROY,

Here is one of my trading problems.I never play

the S&P from the long side.I always look for a place to go short or I don't touch it.It's just personal bias and the S&P is the only market i have this problem in.I "feel" the level of the S&P

is stupid and I would kick myself in the ass if I was long and wrong.It does not mean that I don't think it is correct to go long for a short play...I just don't have the stomach for it.Good call..and good luck.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:16 PM

Default hmmmm

A lot of people feel as you do. But I don't suppose you ever change your mind, whereas they do.

I like to try to time their feelings.

leroy
Old 01-24-2002, 12:32 PM

Default Re: hmmmm

eLroy..One of the first things I learned was to be able to change my mind in a moment,but I cannot go long S$P.I know it is a weakness so give me some credit.I never feel comfortable when

I am long.I never went long when it was a "free

money" trade and believe me it hurt.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:39 PM

Default I am giving you credit!

Most people felt the same way in the early 90's. After 1994 and 1995, they felt that way more than ever.

Then, after 1996, and the Three Sisters in 1997 8/15,8/29,9/11), they began to change their minds a bit just in time for the '97 Needle.

Course, the Needle resolved out the top side. And by the Fall of 1999, they had all changed their minds, and were completely at ease.

leroy

Old 01-24-2002, 02:59 PM

Default Re: I am giving you credit!

I can't tell you how many times I tried to talk myself into getting bullish S&P.The puts were so

pricey all I wanted to do was sell a few puts after the market was down three days in a row, buy some calls and underhedge with futures.I salivated thinking about it but I could not pull the trigger then and I can't do it now.
Old 02-04-2002, 12:06 AM

Default What is a \"free money\" trade? *NM*