Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 12:31 AM

Default AJo in the CO with limpers

Table is pretty loose / weak. People open limping with all kinds of garbage hands. There's a TAG wannabe to my left and a LAG to my right. No one else is aggro. LAG has taken to capping flops in multiway pots a couple of times. He's also raised the flop and turn and bet the river into a PF raiser on an ace high flop where he shows down A7o and loses to AK.

LAG is MP2.
UTG+1 is loose passive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Anyone just limp here?

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

Have to bet after raising PF and checked to?

Turn: (10.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (13.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero ?.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB

Comments on any street (including preflop) are welcome.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: AJo in the CO with limpers

I don't think you have to bet the flop when it's that coordinated with that many players. The only good reason to bet that flop is to buy the button and even that might not work. Overcards and draws are peeling.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:53 AM

i'm limping PF. I hate bloating the pot with this many people and this hand.

flop, personally I'd lead towards checking and calling. that's a really coordinated board and I really don't think that we are folding enough players to clean up any outs. THe pot is so big that you have to call the CR.

I play the river the same. I'm not even thinking of capping it after getting three bet on a 4 flush board and you having the nut flush, what else could you be raising with there. Call and hope they got overaggro with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 12:56 AM

Yeah limping preflop is good. AJo is terrible multitway. I would also limp KQo and AQo in this situation.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:59 AM

TERRIBLY PLAYED, JUST TERRIBLE. WHAT THE HELLS THE MATTER WITH YOU, RAISING THAT TRASH PREFLOP. AND THEN THAT FLOP, HOW CAN YOU BET THAT? HE OBVIOUSLY HAS YOU DRAWING DEAD, YOU NEED TO CHECK/FOLD THAT FLOP IMMEDIATELY. YOUR POT-ODDS ARE ALSO VERY BAD. TERRIBLE PLAY, YOU PROBABLY LOST TO HIS STRAIGHT FLUSH ON THE RIVER.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah limping preflop is good. AJo is terrible multitway. I would also limp KQo and AQo in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kind of thinking this afterwards. I don't think too much about PF situations too much anymore, but this was definitely a mistake to raise here.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I play the river the same. I'm not even thinking of capping it after getting three bet on a 4 flush board and you having the nut flush, what else could you be raising with there. Call and hope they got overaggro with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I guess with the river hitting me like that vs. a guy I have seen taking so many hands way too far, I really wanted to cap for the sake of greed/value. Vs any other kind of player of course I take getting 3-bet much more seriously and just call.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against 5 players on a 765 flop? I surely hope you're joking here.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against 5 players on a 765 flop? I surely hope you're joking here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right of course.

This table had me thinking a bit differently.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:23 AM

I like the PF raise if they truly are limping with crap. I might just limp if doing so means the LAG is very likely to lead the flop allowing me to raise if I hit. I check the flop, and I cap the river, this dude is a LAG.