Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2004, 12:24 AM

Default KK versus tons of action

Button is slightly loose, otherwise, no particular reads. No one's play has seemed out of line.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (17 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 29 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 29 BB, between CO and Button.</font>
Old 11-13-2004, 12:52 AM

Default Re: KK versus tons of action

I don't like cold calling on the turn. I would probably make it though too. Depending on what the buttons pf raising standards are it might even be right to fold the flop (I dunno- my minds on vacation right now, I'm not trying to figure it out). I don't think you'd be good on the river often enough to call, but it's probably player dependant. I'd fold it as you did most likely.

I think the CO would have been better off c/r'ing the river (I assume he had the flush).
Old 11-13-2004, 03:02 AM

that is exactly how I would play it.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:40 AM

Looks good to me.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:55 PM

Default KK versus tons of action - RESULTS

CO showed A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Button showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

MHIG - if I hadn't folded!

This nearly tilted me. This action was so out of line with the previous hands that I was very confused. I suspected that CO and Button might've been whipsawing, but later hands on this same table, while occasionally aggressive, never played anything like this one.

Needless to say, I started wondering if I might should've cold-called anyway (getting 12:1 in a giant pot). I think that's probably just being result-oriented, since but there was always the chance that the river would've been capped. Looks like everyone else feels I played this right and this was just one of those things that happens when your opponents go nuts.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:58 PM

There are no cold call on the turn, and I think this one is played fine...
Old 11-13-2004, 02:00 PM

Default Re: KK versus tons of action - RESULTS

Well, the river is uncallable
Old 11-13-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Re: KK versus tons of action - RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
but there was always the chance that the river would've been capped.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had been closing the action, you could start questioning yourself. Still though, these types of hands are difficult to swallow. I know my typical response is to take an extended break before sitting back down to get back in the fray.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:26 PM

whoops..that's what happens when you don't get enough sleep.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:39 PM

It seems with the button's pre and post-flop raising you can only assume he's hit trips with JJ or QQ. I suppose to his credit he bullied out the better hand with his unrelenting agression.