Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2003, 10:00 PM

Default What a session

I started playing three tables full ring 10-20$ online.

After around 30 minutes I was down 1 000$. I didnt know where to go or what to do. I was so frustrated. The table were full of fish and I didnīt manage to win more than 2 small pots I think.

After another hour I was down another 300 after just normal beats and missed AKīs.

I kept on playing though and I slowly started to take some bucks back, showing great cards. It almost felt like it was going to be one of these days when the great revenge was coming!

Unfortunately, that feeling didnīt last very long. So, when I was stuck 1100$ I got a message from the host.

-200$ STT NL with 50$ added needs a few more players.

I thought, what the heck. Im already down so much that I cant stand it, so why not lose another 200. Atleast the chance of a big score was there. If the tournament would have been fixed I wouldnī have hesitated at all. But No Limit isnīt my greatest game at all.

After 20 minutes waiting for the last two players to fill the nine seats the trny finally started. My buddy, a very solid player started the trnie by raising a little bit more than the pot (200 tot) on 20-40 blinds. with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

He was called by one EP-limper and a fish. The flop came Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He bet 500 and folded when the fish went all-in.
He was also stuck on the 10-20 game and we didnt have the pokergods with us - so far. (We tell each other our hands AFTER the pots.)

A few pots later I went for a steal on cutoff with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] first in. Too bad for me both sb and bb called.
flop came A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I folded when one of the blinds bet out.

The other blind called and when the turn was A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] they both went all-in. The big blind showed us the nuts. The small blind showed 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Dont ask me what he was doing. Cause I dont have any idea.

The trnie stood still for a while except for the fish that took my buddy down in the first pot won a big pot against 2 other guys and he took a big lead with 5 500 chips. (We started with 2000)

I had around 1700 when the first good hand came up. I had 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG when there were 7 people left. I raised the 50-100 blinds to 400 tot.Only the big blind called.

The flop came 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the big blind bet out 200. I moved all-in and he folded.

I won the small blind with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] after calling the big blind and check-raised him when the flop came A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I moved my way up to around 2600 chips.

The next pot I won was with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG when I said 300 tot on the 50-100 blinds. The big blind once again called and I took it down on the flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Felt good he didnīt played back on me.

I folded the next 7 hands until I was UTG again when I picked up K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
I think I made it 700 to go on the 100-200 blinds. For the first time all folded... Not very fun, but atleast I won the blinds. At that point I had around 3000 chips.

Before that my buddy had won a few pots. One with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] against Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and he doubled up.

I folded three more hands when I got K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] again. I think I made it 600 to go this time on the 100-200 blinds. All folded again.

A very important pot came up next time I got Big blind. The small blind doubled my bb. The blinds were 100-200 and I thought a bit before I called with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
I didnt want him to run over me in the future.

The flop came Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Ok, I got what I asked for, trouble.

He bet 300 on the flop, and I decided to just call him for some reason.

Turn was the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] when he moved in on me. Betting a little more than the pot. At that point I was quite sure I had him. I quickly called and prayed. He turned over A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I prayed that the river should be blank. I think I saw 3-4 aces hit the river in my mind before the real river came, an offsuit 6 and I turned into the chiplead.

Me and the fish had around 5000-6000 chips. The guy that moved in had just 120 left, my buddy had around 2500 and I think two guys had around 2000 each.

From 120 chips the small stack-guy won two all-inīs in a row and moved up to 960 chips. And when he was UTG in the 6handed game he moved in again on the 100-200 blinds. I called on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Afterwards, I think that an all-in from me would have been better because the fish that was the chiplead had already folded. At this point I started to think that the fish wasnīt half as fishy in this tournament then he is used to be in the ring-games.

Anyway, the cards went up and the short stack had T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Urk, I wanted to see AT or something. Fortunately the flop gave me an A to bust him, and taking me to a nice chiplead. I had around 1500 more chips than the 2nd placed "full ring-fixed-fish"

When we were only four guys left the shortstacked guy moved in with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and was called by the fish in big blind with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The river gave him a 7 and I was in the money in my biggest tournament ever. What a feeling.

Me and the fish had around 6000-7000 and my buddy had around 3500 chips. My friend started the 3handed action to move all-in from the button on my big blind. Gladly, I only picked up 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so I had an easy fold. He then told me he had two kings. phew!

2 hands later I had the button and I picked up A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and made it 900 to go on the 150-300 blinds. My friend moved in to my delight and so did also the fish. I had the chiplead, so all I could do was to call and hope to win the tournament.

My friend showed me K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], knowing I would need atleast JJ or AK to call. The fish showed A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

The board came something like 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I hoped no Q would come on the river. It didnt and I was the winner of a huge trnie, getting paid 925$.

I felt such a relief I had to post it here. Im so glad I was the AA guy last hand and not AK.

The revenge came, the revenge run away from me, but it came back. The session was one of my worst ever, posting a 500$ loss.

It was one of my greatest sessions ever.