Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2004, 06:43 PM

Default Re: A free heads up display

PV does not update stats manually, it loads them from the PT database. It periodically refreshes stats even if noone has left or joined the table (5 minutes). This means that if you are not running PT and updating stats in the background, everyones stats will remain the same.

There is definately something going on with your stuff I'm willing to bet its something to do with your directory configuration.

There will be a new patch in approximately 15 minutes hold out for that and see if that changes anything.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:03 PM

Default SATURDAY 5:00 MAJOR BUGFIX PATCH

This one should fix a variety of bugs, not the least significant of which is the duplicate data bug.

It should also be far more stable with a lot of observation tables running. You may experience a phenomena where you first open a table to observe and you get a flash for a few seconds of wrong data, this is because partypoker has not created a handhistory file yet for this table and PV is reading the latest known data it has for this table. I'm working on this.

Installer:
Installer zip

Patch exe:
Patch exe

------------------------------------------

Notes:
While the program is going through all of the hand history files you may not be able to get it to respond, this shouldn't last very long a few seconds tops. I am also working on this.

We HIGHLY recommend you clear our your hand history and .hhf files from your poker directories from time to time, as having to go thorugh hundreds of these will lag your computer out significantly. We will eventually have a mechanism to only look at the latest ones, but for now it will cause lag.

------------------------------------

Things to be added asap

Color ranges
Data precision (numbers oafter the decimal point)
Player labels to make sure the data is correct
Fixes for observed table lag
Filter for limits
Aggression factors
CR % implemented

Let me know how this works for you guys try to get back with me as soon as you have a problem.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:11 PM

Default Re: SATURDAY 5:00 MAJOR BUGFIX PATCH

Rec'd an error when running the patch.exe file....anyone else seeing this?
Old 11-13-2004, 07:13 PM

Did you copy it over an old version? You need to copy the exe over a previous exe from a previous install.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:15 PM

Ahhhh...gotcha. Sorry about that!

Dude, thank you and CT very much for this. I'll definitely be sending you a donation to your paypal account. *YOU GUYS NEED TO BE SELLING THIS!* Otherwise, I hope you're making so much at poker that you don't need the money!
Old 11-13-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Re: A free heads up display - LOOKING FOR A TESTER

Thanks a lot you guys who tested, you should also grab the patch exe I just posted. There are various fixes in the new version that weren't in the test exe.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:08 PM

Default Re: A free heads up display - LOOKING FOR A TESTER

Alright, I've downloaded your latest version. So far everything seems good after testing for an hour with 4 tables. The stats no longer jump around and are consistently staying within the respective game.

Thanks Amir.

Lawrence
Old 11-13-2004, 08:48 PM

If you don't mind a bit of kibitzing, having the app run as a lower priority (BelowNormal would probably be enough) should help the computer remain responsive.

I have PT set to run as BelowNormal and it never lags me. It might be worth looking into just just have PV start up belownormal.

ps - this is my first post made while 4 tabling. I feel like a true multitabler now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2004, 09:25 PM

Any progress made concerning the debugging problem?
Old 11-13-2004, 09:50 PM

So it ran atleast once, thats how the database entry got in to the registry - so you ran it and selected a database, then after that it wouldn't run? Correct?

Both of you are running win2k I'm pretty sure you must have out of date JET database drivers.

Gimme 10 min I'll post a link to an updated driver if I can find it.