Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: 2 Folds against the same guy

[ QUOTE ]

The thing with the river is that it is pairing the board. As far as the other guy is concerned I probably have a boat now so he doesn't push the river with his flush like he planned to and just bets small. I didn't really consider the fact that he is making a blocking bet with a weaker king, but how often does KJ ever get this far?

[/ QUOTE ]

(Hand 1 river)

I do realize that it looks like you are beat. But remember that he thinks you played it suspiciously, and he definately doesn't think you filled on the river, because he wouldn't lead out in that scenario. (It takes an odd mentality indeed to think you can block bet a guy who just boated).

You need to be ahead only 17% of the time here to show a profit. Combine that with the metagame aspect of "not letting people know they can push you off hands where you've raised twice with a tiny blocking bet on the river".

It's hard to put him on a specific hand here, but you are definately priced in.

You need to call.

You will then be able to be more comfortable with your fold on hand 2.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: 2 Folds against the same guy

What about betting the flop in Hand 1 because you will also bet this flop with 65s?