Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Block this FF trade?

Total up the points for the trade if the points are even or within 10 either way you have to let the trade go. If there is a huge disparity between the two then you have a legit argument to veto.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:26 PM

I would block it...
Old 11-18-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Total up the points for the trade if the points are even or within 10 either way you have to let the trade go. If there is a huge disparity between the two then you have a legit argument to veto.

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes no sense. So you would allow a trade right now go through that was TO for TJ Houshmanzedah? Or would you veto it because T.O. has too many more points than TJ?
Old 11-19-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that makes no sense. So you would allow a trade right now go through that was TO for TJ Houshmanzedah? Or would you veto it because T.O. has too many more points than TJ?

[/ QUOTE ]I would veto it because at this point T.O is out for the year. I missed where any of these guys are out for the year. I'm just saying you shouldn't veto a trade because you think that one guy or another is going to have a better second half of the year. You just have to have a better reason than that will make your team too good.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't do it. You shouldn't have 100% power to veto trades in the first place for this exact reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once, as commissioner, had to veto my own trade. When the other guy found out I was dealing him a receiver with a broken leg, he appealed to the commish.

Leagues that don't allow any trades seem like the best solution to me, since 90% of trades are swindles that screw not only the swindled victim, but the entire league. Even if the swindled is just an honest idiot, there's still an appearance of impropriety that tarnishes everyone involved.

Friends stop trusting friends--allowing trades isn't worth that price.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:48 AM

I see that the trade was rescinded, but isnt the guy that is 2-8 mathematically eliminated from playoff contention? Hence, he should not be allowed to trade if this is the case, as it would only be to collude, or as you indicated, he just doesn't care.