Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Smokeless Tobacco, Chewing Tobacco

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't dip Copenhagen you aren't addicted....

[/ QUOTE ]

I've dipped Cope more than a few times and it's certainly no more addictive than Skoal. I like the flavor, but that finecut [censored] always manages to end up all over my mouth instead of in my lip where it belongs.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could eat a tin and not puke easily. I won't do it, but it wouldn't be hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't usually go for prop bets, but I am more than willing to wager $100 against you being able to eat a tin of cope without puking within an hour of completion.

Edit for full disclosure: I am a huge pussy when it comes to dip. My roommate last year was (and likely still is) addicted to dip. So I'd occasionally throw a rather miniscule dip when I was drunk. Being drunk, I'd swallow some spit without thinking (it only took a little), and I'd be in puke city in a few minutes.

I guess I'd sometimes throw one without being drunk, and I was able not to puke. It's a great nicotine buzz; like smoking 3 cigarettes at once. But I've never found nicotine pleasurable enough to get addicted to it.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't usually go for prop bets , but I am more than willing to wager $100 against you being able to eat a tin of cope without puking within an hour of completion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good thing because you'd probably have a lot less money if you did. If a guy says he can do something and is willing to bet money on it, it's really stupid to bet against him, no matter how improbable his claim. If you're willing to bet a much more substantial amount, I'll eat a tin without puking. Just give me a couple of weeks to prepare.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:15 AM

"If a guy says he can do something and is willing to bet money on it, it's really stupid to bet against him, no matter how improbable his claim. "

Eh, some people just like to run their mouth.

Today in my science lab I was looking at a jar of preserved giant roaches with 2 guys in the class. One of them goes "Hey, I'll pay you a dollar to eat one". The other said "I'd definitaly do it for like a hundred bucks". So I pulled $100 out of my pocket and put it on the roach jar and said "go ahead". He muttered somthing about not knowing what it was soaking in and wandered off
Old 12-01-2005, 03:22 AM

nice! i love how you called his bluff like that.

i'd actually say more often than not when people make claims and someone is willing to pay them, they don't go through with it.

however, it also works the other way too with some people. ie. someone will say 'i'll pay you $100 to each that roach' and the other guy will say 'ok sure' and go to eat it and the guy who made the offer will take it back

i don't know which pisses me off more. i think i'm leaning towards the people that offer money and then reneg
Old 12-01-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Today in my science lab I was looking at a jar of preserved giant roaches with 2 guys in the class. One of them goes "Hey, I'll pay you a dollar to eat one". The other said "I'd definitaly do it for like a hundred bucks". So I pulled $100 out of my pocket and put it on the roach jar and said "go ahead". He muttered somthing about not knowing what it was soaking in and wandered off

[/ QUOTE ]

These are moments that make life enjoyable.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:29 AM

Yeah - I'm really not too interested in eating crazy [censored] for money, but ive dipped on and off for a long long time, and have swallowed enough to know it wouldn't be that big a deal. That said, it would not be terribly enjoyable and therefore the dollar figure would need to be significant.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:31 AM

House, DGS,

Yeah,
It really did make my whole day better when he walked off.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"If a guy says he can do something and is willing to bet money on it, it's really stupid to bet against him, no matter how improbable his claim. "

Eh, some people just like to run their mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm talking about bets, not offers to do something for X amount of cash. If he says he'll do something for 100 bucks and then doesn't he loses nothing. If he bets you 100 bucks, he either does it or loses the money. HUGE difference.

If offered you an even money bet for $5000 that I can hit a golfball a mile, would you take me up on it?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:35 AM

I know nothing about golf, so I have no idea how difficult it is to hit a golfball a mile.

If you told me you could throw a pass in football 200 yards I'd take the bet.