Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Smokeless Tobacco, Chewing Tobacco

I used to dip a lot of Copenhagen - when I was in high school.

I now dip occassionally. Right now, I happen to be enjoying some Skoal straight - the best blend IMO.

It is a very hard habit to kick once you start doing it daily - even if you smoke as well.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:15 PM

Did you smoke out your window when you were a kid? If so, why not relive those memories?

craig
Old 11-30-2005, 11:16 PM

Way back in about 7th or 8th grade, we paid a friend $20 to eat a tin of skoal. He ate the whole thing and was violently ill for hours afterwards.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:17 PM

Huh, I just tried some of the Cherry Skoal long cut that my sister's boyfriend left here. Not too bad. It smells like candy.

Gutshot,

I can't smoke in here. My room and my sister's room are connected and she throws a hissy-fit at the slightest smell of smoke. Wind always blows hard agaist my wall of the house, so when I open my windows the smoke just gets blown in.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yasher,

Thanks for all the info. It was impossible to get anything on Google as every search brought up 12,000 anti-tobacco sites.

I can't beleive what a nicotine rush it is. I can see how it would be easy to get addicted to this, and I won't allow myself to dip more than a day consecutively.

I'm not sure if I buy the theory that there is fiberglass in it. that seems a lot like the claim that cigarettes are made with embalming fluid.

thanks
TONY

[/ QUOTE ]

There is fiber glass in there thats why a new chewers lip burns when they have the dip in. Cuts up your mouth and allows the nicotine in. It is quite a buzz for a while but if you ever become a regular chewer it goes away. I can't get a buzz off it anymore.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:18 PM

I could eat a tin and not puke easily. I won't do it, but it wouldn't be hard.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:21 PM

Tony,

I'm finding the same issue you had with the anti-tobacco sites. I'm trying to find some relatively unbiased information re: fiberglass, and I can't find a good answer either way. The info I had on fiberglass didn't come from anti-dipping people, it cames directly from the people I knew that dipped. They attributed the greater burn in kodiak/grizzly to a higher fiberglass content, and the couple "review" sites I've seen on the intarweb seem to confirm this.

That does now, however, make it true. I'm not quite sure either way.

Glad to be of service,
yasher
Old 11-30-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I now dip occassionally. Right now, I happen to be enjoying some Skoal straight - the best blend IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not even close. The stuff is heaven.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Huh, I just tried some of the Cherry Skoal long cut that my sister's boyfriend left here. Not too bad. It smells like candy.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first began dipping it was with cherry which I liked best. It makes me sick now, far to fruity.

If you want a beginners flavour, I highly recommend Peach. I'm in Canada so we don't have it yet, but my GF brought me pack a tin from Seattle and I couldn't get enough of it.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not even close. The stuff is heaven.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to LOVE Skoal Straight when I first started dipping back in high school, but now I generally rotate between Straight, Mint, and Wintergreen, occasionally throwing in some Peach to change things up. The first 3 I mentioned are pretty equal IMO. I can't stand Cherry or Spearmint, and Classic and Vanilla are meh. I wish they'd come out with Cinnamon dip(like the flavor packs they used to have a few years back).