Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 01:53 PM

Default I know this belongs in comp tech, but no one looks there

I just restarted my computer after the newest XP update and now when it tries to load windows it gets to the logo then a quick blue screen with nothing on it and it reboots immediately and does the same thing. I tried booting it from a Windows XP disk but it gets to the Windows Setup screen and eventually restarts after loading all the devices it freezes at loading keyboard layout.
~Justin
Old 10-30-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: I know this belongs in comp tech, but no one looks there

try booting to safe mode, then doing system restore (if you have it enabled), if not i think you can uninstall the updates too.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: I know this belongs in comp tech, but no one looks there

Could be alot of things...

Worst case scenario, there is something wrong with the boot sector on your hard drive, best case scenario, you got a virus.

F8 into safe mode (if you can't get there, there is something wrong with the hard disk).

If you can't get to safe mode, I reccomend formatting (low level format if at all possible, some distributors like Dell have that option on the diagnostics disk), and reinstalling windows. If you do have a diagnostics disk, run that first and check your hard drive for errors, that takes a while to do. Also, if you think there is a major problem with the disk, there is a program you can download off the web and put on a disk that will low level format your hard drive if needed, I'd use that as a last resort though, it will wipe it 100% clean (even cops can't pull old data off it with this program) and it takes a long time to do it.