Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: A question to stox, cup, morg, sublime, and any other Party affils

I am curious if party accounts with previous rakeback deals will regain the ability to get rakeback.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am curious if party accounts with previous rakeback deals will regain the ability to get rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is being claimed by more than one affiliate on their site is that Party is going to allow you to close your existing account and open a new one with rakeback.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:25 AM

A couple quick things.

1. We are not going to publicly disclose our arrangement on these boards, mostly for competitive reasons.

2. We do not offer [censored]. We offer player award bonuses.

3. verifying this with party may or may not satisfy many of you, basically depends who the email gets too.

4. other affiliates are understandably miffed that we are *somewhat* "first to market". I encourage them to follow suit. Some already have, some may have even beat us, but we might have cast a wider net so to speak.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:42 AM

This is really turning into a comedy with "secret contacts" and such, you would think this is some Tom Clancy novel or the CIA we're dealing with. I kid you not - I had one spam offer that claimed to have written authorization from Bhargava himself (Dikshit's associate) behind the back of the affiliate managers.

The lack of transparency is necessary because Party doesn't want an uprising from traditional non-RB affiliates, and so RB affiliates can maintain a profit margin. Having middlemen in there complicates matters, but hey that's the system Party set up so we have to play by their rules.

Reality is I'm not sure what Party is worried about - if they piss off Linda Johnson, what's she going to do, sue? The contracts are loosely worded, and CPC probably needs Party more than they need her. Further, Party's stock is chopped in half, so they'll be willing to play dirty.

Morg, stox, et al are a good bunch who stand to lose a ton if this doesn't work out in the long run, so I'm sure they are pursuing the right channels. I really hope this works out for everyone involved, affiliates and players - time will tell.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:46 AM

I can say that I have been affiliated with Stoxtrader for about 5 months and it has been a very positive experience.

Each month I get paid on (usually before) the stated payment date, and I have never had any issues. They have also been very helpful on several instances. One of the biggest things is support, when it says that they will respond to e-mails, they mean it, usually within 10-15 minutes during the day!

I am in no way associated with the site (other than as a user), but I encourage everyone to consider his site, and trust what he says, I am.

Margon
Old 10-11-2005, 10:19 AM

Anyone have any ideas on the semantics of "Player Award Points" vs "Rakeback". PP is going out of their way to disassociate themselves from RB. What are their motivations for doing this and what will this mean to us as players?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple quick things.

1. We are not going to publicly disclose our arrangement on these boards, mostly for competitive reasons.

2. We do not offer [censored]. We offer player award bonuses.

3. verifying this with party may or may not satisfy many of you, basically depends who the email gets too.

4. other affiliates are understandably miffed that we are *somewhat* "first to market". I encourage them to follow suit. Some already have, some may have even beat us, but we might have cast a wider net so to speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

If feels like everybody is working in something of an information vaccume. Where even if you've been told one thing by a party rep, that may not actually reflect party's policies.

The message that we've got from IntheCup and Raketracker is basically "wait". But I'm sure for them that's feeling risky if somebody else isn't waiting and is signing up players that they used to have.

How realistic is it just for the major affiliates to agree to not take new party signups until the situation is more clearly defined?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:15 AM

I think that the situation is pretty clearly defined, it is just not available for public consumption.

I think that if Stox is ready to take action it is appropriate. I get the feeling that they have been VERY proactive in getting things resovled with Party.

You can wait if you want, I don't think that it would really hurt you, but I don't think that the reputable affiliates who are proceeding forward are doing so inappropriately. (On the other hand I think that there are some who are 'sketchy' who you would want to avoid on this, and all other matters.)

Margon
Old 10-11-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest risk right now for players is signing up w/ affiliates who make big promises now and in the very near future say "oh, Party's not allowing rakeback anymore, sorry" and just keep all the rakeback for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-11-2005, 11:24 AM

El D,

Sometimes the best play is to be patient and wait for the best hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]