Old 12-08-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: OOT rules clarification

Dear Diablo,

Boundaries, dude. Boundaries.

XOXO,

Steve (a.k.a. Sucker)

It's true. They then experimented with the Ass Eating to ease the pain. The really educated chicks are into that kind of stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd bet for example that you wouldn't want J.A. Sucker or Boris to create a thread with your company name, or your picture, right? I'm sure there's funny ways they could work that info in, but there's an expected level of privacy that people should be able to expect. IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a pretty damned good post.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, nolanfan is implying that two very dissimilar things are similar.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now you could argue that they posted the information and the couple in question did not but I would counter that the vegas trip was advertised as a 2+2 and OOT get together and that its reasonable to expect any results of said trip to make its way to 2+2 and OOT. This of course is the forum where we all communicate regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the June trip, several people got angry about certain details making their way back onto the boards. It was generally agreed that there are certain lines and areas that it's best to use discretion, or at least check with the original poster.

I'm just saying, there is a precedent regarding 2p2 trips, and it's that people's privacy should be respected if it's questionable whether they'd want something coming out into the open.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now you could argue that they posted the information and the couple in question did not but I would counter that the vegas trip was advertised as a 2+2 and OOT get together and that its reasonable to expect any results of said trip to make its way to 2+2 and OOT. This of course is the forum where we all communicate regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the June trip, several people got angry about certain details making their way back onto the boards. It was generally agreed that there are certain lines and areas that it's best to use discretion, or at least check with the original poster.

I'm just saying, there is a precedent regarding 2p2 trips, and it's that people's privacy should be respected if it's questionable whether they'd want something coming out into the open.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find this terribly hypocritical, but if the precedence HAS been established, it should be respected. Note that I am far removed from the OOT inner circle, so my views are influenced accordingly.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:16 PM

Madtown,

Actually, the level of discretion displayed here is incredibly high.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, what if for example I went to the vegas trip and slept with a prostitute and then were to openly talk about it with the other 2+2ers in attendance of the vegas trip. Should I really get upset if that information were to then make its way back to 2+2?

If I wanted it to remain private should I not have kept it that way to begin with.

btw) I'm not trying to morally equate sleeping with a prostitute with having any that is going on here. I do however think the privacy concerns are similar.

Also so there is no confusion I know absolutely nothing about the details of the actual situation and any I post is in the abstract to further the point im making.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:20 PM

I think nolanfan is getting too much crap for his example. The main idea of his post still seems valid to me.

[censored]:
[ QUOTE ]
what if for example I went to the vegas trip and slept with a prostitute and then were to openly talk about it with the other 2+2ers in attendance of the vegas trip. Should I really get upset if that information were to then make its way back to 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

This example is a bit too vague for me to give a solid reply, but that information being posted on the site at a later date shouldn't be a given, IMO.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, what if for example I went to the vegas trip and slept with a prostitute and then were to openly talk about it with the other 2+2ers in attendance of the vegas trip. Should I really get upset if that information were to then make its way back to 2+2?

If I wanted it to remain private should I not have kept it that way to begin with.

btw) I'm not trying to morally equate sleeping with a prostitute with having any that is going on here. I do however think the provacy concerns are similar

[/ QUOTE ]

But isn't there some special rule about telling people about the events that take place during trips to Vegas after the fact?
Old 12-08-2005, 06:25 PM

Closed Thread